Project Development Manager - EV
Posted on Aug 27, 2021 by Igloo3
Project Development Manager - EV, Home based (flexible across UK regions). Salary in the range 30,000 - 50,000 depending on experience + company car/cash allowance + benefits
This is an exciting opportunity with a leading distributed energy and private networks business who finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for corporate customers.
The company design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise Building Energy Management Systems as well as developing Energy Control solutions for smart places - Cities, Campuses and Industrial buildings.
The role and key responsibilities
Our client's EV team is currently expanding its portfolio of services and solutions in the Electric Vehicle space. They're targeting rapid growth in this part of the business and beginning a transformation process, focusing on local, smart energy and Infrastructure solutions in the Bus, Fleet, Taxi and Charge Hub space.
Working for the EV Sector Director; the Project Development Manager role will position the company as a provider of choice in the Digital Mobility and EV sector.
You'll be responsible for shaping propositions and to help secure contracts and partnerships with public and private sector organisations across the UK. The role will involve bringing together areas of different expertise and working with internal stakeholders, experts and external partners to ensure the proposition is developed in line with customers' needs.
You'll be the main client interface through the proposition/bid phase leading contract negotiations to contract close and procurement. You'll manage supporting teams to ensure that propositions/bids are delivered on time and positions taken during negotiation are signed off by the business.
You'll also be responsible for achieving internal approvals in line with the company's business governance processes and deliver a sales target of completed contracts per year.
* Thorough understanding of how EV platforms are built and operate combined with knowledge of the key EV suppliers and potential partners in the market and a range of commercial structures as they apply to distributed energy.
* Ability to build and manage diverse relationships, develop enduring relationships with key stakeholders and partners with the ability to create JV and consortia structures that further enhance the EV Team budget and 5 year strategy.
* Ideally prior Fleet relationships experience, understanding the Fleet market. You will use your experience to target utilisation through the network of EV Hubs the company is developing and working closely with the clients to prepare innovative solutions that ensure the fleet driver and operators have the peace of mind that transitioning to EV is achievable with a blend of depot and opportunity-based charging.
* Prior experience and involvement in leading, managing and delivering EV projects and teams across a range of disciplines and demonstrable experience in bringing together and managing a large, complex proposition that sits across multiple areas of expertise (Bus and Fleet Sector knowledge and relationships essential along with a solid infrastructure understanding (DNO, ICP, IDNO and Private Wire essential).
* A full understanding of the complete ecosystem to support EV Opportunities in the Fleet, and EV Hub sector essential. The successful candidate must also understand the complex commercial models that underpin the revenue stack to support an investment grade DBFO model.
* Ideally you will have experience of building and scoping projects within an EV and Distributed Energy system (local energy systems) with resource planning knowledge across a complex project to fully understand potential cost of project. Therefore, commercial understanding and opportunity (and risk) associated combined with the ability to interpret, analyse and disseminate complex, sensitive information is key to this position.
* You should have strong communication skills that demonstrate your passion and commitment while inspiring your colleagues. Previous experience of working across a range of stakeholder groups, investors and all levels of seniority is highly desirable.
Salary in the range 30,000 - 50,000 depending on experience + company car/cash allowance + attractive benefits
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£100k - £100k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£60k - £75k Annual
£65k - £65k Annual