Senior Performance Marketing Manager
Posted on Aug 26, 2021 by Frugi
Frugi is the UK's bestselling organic childrenswear brand, proving that ethical and organic clothing can be bright, beautiful and successful! The company was born in 2004 and continues to grow at 25% every year, selling through a rapidly expanding network of over 500 stockists in more than 25 countries worldwide.
We strive to be ethical in everything we do, each year donating 1% of our turnover to our Little Clothes BIG Change charity project which includes a children's charity, the Cornwall Wildlife Trust and an orphanage in India.
In 2019 we partnered with TotsBots with whom we share the same values and principles around ethics and sustainability. Through this partnership we are able to bring the Frugi, TotsBots and Bloom & Nora brands together, expanding our product offering and our team.
We have been awarded 3 Queens Awards, been earmarked by both the Best Companies 'Ones to Watch' list and The Sunday Times Fast Track 'Ones to Watch' list, received GOLD in the Healthy Workplace Awards for 3 consecutive years, expanded to more than 120 permanent team members with even more joining us for our busy seasons, accelerated our turnover year after year, donated over £850k to charity, and eaten a lot of pasties (and cake!).
We strive to be the most fun, desirable and trusted clothing brand on the planet, but this is only the start of it..About You
As part of our continued growth and expansion, we are looking for a highly experienced, forward thinking, digital marketing expert to lead our strategy in the UK and internationally, across the Frugi, TotsBots and Bloom & Nora brands. You'll have a proven track record of leading successful digital marketing initiatives for a consumer brand, within the UK and internationally. You'll have strong management and leadership capabilities having previously built and developed an internal performance marketing team. You will also work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders and agency partners to develop the overall digital marketing strategy to deliver profitable business growth and to inspire, educate, convert and retain Frugi's customers.
You'll be brimming with ideas to continue to improve what we do and how we do it, helping Frugi stay ahead of the competition. You'll be computer literate and super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. You'll be a self-starter, able to work both independently and collaboratively with others.Your Role in a Nutshell
This new and exciting role will be responsible for delivering our brand strategy in the UK and internationally to achieve ambitious growth plans. As our Digital Marketing expert, you'll have full responsibility for managing and executing all aspects of Performance Marketing in line with the ambitious business growth objectives. You will work collaboratively with the internal stakeholders (E-comm, Marketing, CRM and Brand) and external agency partners to develop the overall digital marketing strategy to deliver profitable growth and maximise return on investment. This will be across our three brands - Frugi organic childrenswear, Totsbots reusable nappies and Bloom & Nora reusable sanitary products.Your Key Responsibilities
- Define and execute a global acquisition and retention strategy across the digital funnel, delivering against agreed targets for acquisition, retention, revenue, ROAS and LTV:CAC.Strategic allocation of spend between existing channels and exploration of new channels as potential strategies for marketing efficiency and/or growth.
- Manage external agencies, ensuring they are deliver maximum value to the account. Build relationships with the relevant stakeholders within the platforms to ensure that a best-in-class strategy is maintained.
- Manage and develop the internal Performance Marketing team and define the strategy for future in-housing of key digital skillsets across the portfolio.
- Champion attribution modelling across the brand portfolio and use these learnings to influence positive change within campaigns and deliver better return on media spend.
- Develop a transparent methodology for reporting true LTV of each acquisition channel and measure as an ongoing KPI.
- Develop and drive KPI reporting suite to demonstrate performance of all digital advertising campaigns on a weekly, monthly and seasonal basis. Proactive development of appropriate metrics for the business as it scales.
- Monitor and report on competitor activity across all Performance Marketing channels.
- Keep up-to-date with latest industry trends and new releases, and the implications for our business.
- Work with the Brand and Marketing team to ensure all relevant activity and ad copy is in line with brand values.
- Develop, plan and execute a range of digital marketing initiatives across Paid Search, Paid Social, Digital Display and Affiliates, which deliver against set KPI's, while delivering value for money.
- Work closely with the brand and marketing team to develop and launch video content across agreed channels to drive awareness and acquisition.
- Develop a robust test and learn approach.
- Must demonstrate 2+ years in a similar level role, focused on defining and managing digital campaigns both in the UK and USA, for a sizeable brand (£100m, B2C and B2B model).
- Ability to build a strong digital marketing strategy to support strategic growth.
- Advanced understanding of attribution and the impact of digital advertising across all channels.
- Proven experience creating brand engagement through PR, email, social media and other communication channels.
- Expert level knowledge of all relevant advertising tools including, but not limited to, DoubleClick, QuantCast and Google Analytics.
- Expert level knowledge of Google Ads, Bing Ads and all paid social platforms.
- Able to influence and communicate confidently with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Previous experience managing agency relationships is essential (UK and international).
- Demonstrable experience building, managing and developing an internal team, with excellent leadership and coaching skills.
- Strength in collaborative working and able to show resilience under pressure.
- Creative and innovative thinker and 'out of the box' problem solver.
- Ability to translate ideas into unconventional solutions.
- Advanced understanding of attribution and impact digital advertising has on all channels.
- Experienced collaborative working and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Solid IT skills, with good working knowledge of MS Office programs and the ability to learn in-house systems quickly.
- We're offering a full time, permanent contract.
- Ideally you will be based at (or relocate to) our HQ in Helston, Cornwall. We may also consider candidates who can work remotely, with at least twice monthly visits to our HQ in Cornwall.
- We'll invest in you with a competitive salary, depending on your skills and experience.
- We'll support your ongoing professional development with bespoke learning initiatives and training opportunities.
- We offer fabulous career progression - as we grow, you'll grow too!
- If we have a good year, we'll share our profits with the team.
- We provide a generous holiday allowance and the option to buy or sell holiday.
- We provide paid volunteer days, enabling you to give your time to a cause close to your heart
- To help save for your future you can join our company pension scheme.
- We'll give you a whopping 60% discount across our fantastic range.
- We'll invite you to take part in our award-winning health & wellbeing activities.
- We hold regular team events organised by our very own Frugi Fun Committee.
- We offer a dynamic, innovative and exciting environment to work in.
How to Apply
Send your CV and a covering letter stating why you are exactly the right person to join our team. Your covering letter is the perfect opportunity to showcase your personality and understanding of all things Frugi - so go for it!!
Closing date: 31 st August 2021. We'll be interviewing as we go along, so the role may close earlier than advertised. The early bird catches the worm!
Important: All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK at the time of submitting your application; unfortunately, Frugi are not licensed to sponsor overseas workers.