Senior Front End Developer
Posted on Aug 26, 2021 by Switchplane Ltd
What We Do:
Hey, we are Switchplane, an award-winning custom software agency based across the South East. We are 18 years old this year!
Our clients love us... why? Well, we solve problems for them and their businesses. Everything we build is custom-made to give clients what they want.
This could range from a custom ecommerce platform for digital products to a workshop fleet management app for a luxury motorhomes hire company.
That's not all - we have two internal SaaS projects we are building from scratch for you to get involved in.
We work in an agile environment, iteratively developing software over the longer term.
As a team, we actually like each other and get on. Switchplane gives you the opportunity to explore areas that you are interested in or passionate about. We find that these areas usually benefit the business too.
What We Are Looking For:
A full-time front end web developer to join the Switchplane family and to work on client and internal projects.
- A team player who can communicate with different people. In particular, you will work closely with engineering, design, marketing, and product teams.
- Able to create mockups and prototypes (using a tool like Figma).
- Able to convert designs and prototypes into working user interfaces.
- A good understanding of UX and UI best practices.
- Experience working with REST APIs.
- Some experience with Flutter for creating smartphone applications.
- Working knowledge of Git and build/deployment tools.
Don't worry if you are not a guru in all areas. It's better that you are exceptional in a few and can demonstrate your ability to learn rather than being below average across the board. We'll train you.
What We Don't Do:
We don't produce WordPress front-end websites; they are boring.
We don't do all-nighters, cramming or other agency bullshit.
- Ideally, you should have at least 5 years experience within an agency or an in-house team.
- Experience in working in an Agile environment would be beneficial but is not essential.
Strategic & Communication Skills:
- You enjoy solving problems. Actually, you love solving problems.
- You write clearly and concisely and are comfortable on video calls with colleagues and clients.
- You have a growth mindset
- You understand continuous improvement principles.
- You're not afraid to fail
Salary & Perks
Salary & Holidays:
Salary is depending on experience and ability ranging from £30k -£40k.
You will have 24 days 'annual leave in addition to bank holidays.
We have flexible working hours and have recently transitioned to fully remote, But if you live locally and can't work from home, we use a coworking space that some of our employees use.
- 2 hours of CPD given every sprint for your passion projects or continuous learning.
- Opportunity to grow into a more senior role.
- Post-pandemic, we will organise team meetups and lunch out once per month.
- We offset our carbon footprint as a company, because we care about the planet.
- Attend our Summer BBQ and Christmas party day out!
What's the best thing about working for Switchplane?
We asked our Head of Marketing Garry to answer this question. He said,
"Switchplane gives you autonomy to work without anyone breathing down your neck. They invest in their staff, and care about them. The company does not work from the top down. The directors do not decide everything.
Staff are encouraged to share, challenge, and work together well."
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£55k - £70k Annual
£55k - £70k Annual
£40k - £70k Annual
£30k - £55k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£70k - £90k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual