Software Engineer R&D
Posted on Aug 26, 2021 by MP Resourcing Ltd
- Develop and extend our existing platform.
- Implement API-based integrations with external systems.
- Research innovative solutions.
- Ensure that our platform and solutions have the highest level of scalability and maintainability.
- Troubleshoot issues in our production environment.
- Modernize, and migrate legacy technology into cloud-based services.
- Assist and educate other internal teams who use our platform.
Experience and skills required:
- Bachelor's degree in IT / Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience.
- 2+ years professional experience in backend development.
- Good understanding of software development life cycle.
- Ability to work independently.
- Open minded in receiving feedback and always striving for improvement.
- Goal oriented, with the ability to plan, prioritize, and deliver results.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Python or Java
- REST and HTTP-based protocols
- Unit tests and test-driven development
- SQL, ideally with Postgres
- AWS or other cloud-based services
- Linux operating systems
- Intersystems Caché
- Enterprise integration patterns
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.