Posted on Aug 26, 2021 by Datalynx Limited
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing data migration consultancy based in Watford, Hertfordshire, currently operating a hybrid flexible working model following government guidelines. We are looking for a permanent experienced Technical Engineer/Consultant who will be critical to this fast-growing company's success in delivering large scale data projects.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for setting and leading strategy for data projects and must have experience in cloud-based systems. They must negotiate with and influence clients, be delivery-focused, highly organised, a natural problem solver, and have excellent attention to detail.
Knowledge of on-premise technology is also desirable, as is migrating these services to the cloud. Applicants must be able to work proactively to identify technological improvements, plan forthcoming projects, and have a keen interest in IT and emerging technologies. We offer the chance to work in a fast-paced company, with on-premise and cloud environments, within an ISO27001 climate.
- Solid knowledge and expertise of provisioning and managing AWS environments
- Experience in working with AWS Services, eg Athena, Glue, RDS
- Extraction, Transformation and Load - the experience of loading and transforming data to a repository
- Experience in working with crime data sets
- Experience of release and build automation pipelines utilising CI/CD tooling
- Scripting, particularly Python, Bash & Powershell
- Familiar with database server technology such as RDS Aurora, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, MSQL
- Experience in using Hashicorp Terraform to deploy/update/destroy AWS infrastructure
- Evidence of adding value through successful delivery
- Professional Certification from one or more major cloud providers
- Experience in working on Transformation programmes and large client-driven projects
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (eg AWS Certified DevOps, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Experience working in a secure environment with clearance to SC level
Security Clearance is required to SC level so you must be willing to undergo clearance as part of the recruitment process. Five years' residency in the UK is a mandatory requirement of security clearance