HPC Engineer/Expert Contract (Remote and/or Sweden)
Posted on Aug 26, 2021 by Epico UK Limited
HPC Engineer/Expert required for a 6 month contract assignment, located remotely with some possible travel to Sweden.
The ideal candidate for the role of HPC Engineer:
- You will have strong experience from working with HPC technologies.
- You are a Linux native and fluent in Python, and/or other Scripting languages.
- You are familiar with tools like Docker/Singularity/Podman and PBS/Slurm as well as Ansible or other infrastructure automation tools.
- Experience of HPC environments including network, Servers, clients, storage etc.
- Experience with storage concepts such as scale-out NAS (NFS), SMB, parallel filesystems, POSIX, and object storage (to name but a few) is an important asset.
- Experience with parallel computing (HPC/HTC), performance troubleshooting & optimization, and/or operating environments at large scale will be advantageous.
In the role of HPC Engineer you will help to ensure smooth daily operations of the environment, support & help users and also help to improve the HPC platform.
Kindly note, the contract, invoices and payments will be handled by our Swedish office so rates will be in SEK currency only!