DBA / Database Developer
Posted on Aug 26, 2021 by Feelunique
The DBA / Database Developer will be part of a talented and successful in-house Development team working on a varied range of projects across all aspects of the business. Reporting to the Senior DBA Developer with direct access to the CTO and Head of SQL and NAV Development, you will deliver top quality projects bringing business value.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coding and improving existing SQL Server T-SQL queries.
- Helping to develop efficient database designs (tables, datatypes, stored procedures, functions, etc.).
- Carry out index maintenance, choosing when to add or remove indexes.
- Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance. Using profiler traces, extended events and other tools to optimize SQL code, comparing SQL plans, etc.
- DBA duties, ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business's Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Use DMV queries or other tools to help diagnose server reliability and performance.
- Develop, deploy and maintain SSIS packages.
- Ensure that new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance.
- Implementing and monitoring transactional replication, mirroring and log shipping.
Skills / Qualifications:
- At least 5 years' experience with MS SQL Server.
- A good understanding of relational database principles and guidelines.
- Extensive SQL query development experience.
- Database administration - reliability, performance tuning and optimization, backup, high availability (replication, mirroring, log shipping, always on) and DR solutions.
- SSIS development & implementation experience.
- Experience of participating in full life cycle development.
- Background in high transaction environments and implementation of scalable architectures.
- Experience or knowledge of an agile environment that practices scrum methodologies.
- Familiarity with SQL Redgate tools: SQL Compare and Data Compare, SQL Monitor, SQL Source Control.
- Github version control.
- Experience of designing and implementing AWS/Azure Cloud databases and high availability solutions - desirable.
- Experience of managing Always-n Availability groups.
- Experience with ORM generated SQL code.
- Experience in rolling out upgrades, service packs, patches and cumulative updates while keeping the database online.