Snr Security Network Operations Engineer
Posted on Aug 26, 2021 by RP International
As a Senior Security Network Operations your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Ensure security by design principles
- Network solutions design and implementations
- Administration and monitoring
- Firewall policy creation
- Firewall base line security
- Monitoring and response device health
- Thread prevention countermeasures review
- Provide proactive fault management and vendor engagement
- DDI management
- Perimeter Hygiene
- Assisted in cyber security investigations
Job Accountabilities - Key Accountabilities
As a Senior Security Network Operations your skills and qualifications will include:
- 5-7 years professional experience managing enterprise network Security environments including 2 years of experience administrating in house and/or cloud based email security solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or related field is preferred but not required
- Vendor specific certifications are preferred, but not required, including: Qualified Palo Alto Management to PCNSE6
- Qualified CISCO ASA Firewall Management to CCNP standard
- Qualified Checkpoint CCSA standard
- Knowledge managing NG Firewalls both physical and virtual.
- Knowledge managing remote users access in particular Palo Alto prisma Access(GPCS) platform
- In depth knowledge of Network Security Architecture
- Solid background in data networks and routing protocols
- ITIL v3 preferable but not essential
- Qualified or working towards certifications like CISSP or CISA.
- Good team player, and excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter who can lead major initiatives and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Experience with administering, troubleshooting and configuring/implementation (Palo Alto/CISO/Checkpoint) Firewalls, Bluecat IPAM system
- Cisco networking CCNP level
- AWS/Azure fundamentals level knowledge
- Network/Design experience
- Software Experience - Windows OS/Junos/ScreenOS/IOS
- Good understanding of security operations and technologies.
- Experience with Security Assessments
- Good understanding of IT Security practices, methodologies, tools mechanisms and trends
- To be able to communicate and write high quality reports in English