Data Migration Lead (12 month FTC)
Posted on Aug 26, 2021 by Mitsubishi Power Europe
Mitsubishi Power headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, is a global leading company in the field of thermal power and environmental technologies. We can handle the entire production process from the development, design, manufacturing, construction and commissioning to after-sales service for thermal power plants.
The company has a total of 66 subsidiaries across 17 countries and was established as a joint venture in February 2014, bringing together the thermal power divisions of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. and Hitachi Ltd.. Mitsubishi Power employs 18,300 staff worldwide and provides solutions for the improvement of operating thermal power generators using the latest digital technology.
Mitsubishi Power Europe is a 100% subsidiary of Mitsubishi Power. As a leading global company in the field of thermal power generation systems and environmental technology, we will continue to meet the expectations of our clients based worldwide in order to contribute to the future of a sustainable society.
DATA MIGRATION AND INTEGRATION LEAD is a key component of the Business Process Improvement (BPI) Team within QHSE Department.
Principal team objectives are the strategical improvement of the efficiency of the company's processes, as well as managing the systematic quality and effectiveness of business operations.
This position is instrumental in enabling the team to achieve these objectives by handling and supporting business requirements during their lifecycle, from discovering the needs, through re-engineering of processes and architecting solutions of various complexities, to development and release of solutions in line with defined project management plan and change strategy.
Solutions are largely centred on re-engineering processes then automation and streamlining focusing on Microsoft Stack Applications (Including, but not limited to, Dynamics 365 Apps (CE & FO), Azure, Power stack (Power Apps, Automate, BI)) as the key information management system within Mitsubishi Power Systems Europe Ltd across Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Solution Definition Tasks
- Specify and model user stories acceptance criteria (In particular, requirements that involves improvement of reports production) into detailed proposed solution specifications that are documented to sufficient level of details for building.
- Document various solution attributes, including data model, schema, flows, data migration, data integration and cost-benefits analysis.
- Work closely with Solution Architect to review and finalized solution specifications for a particular requirement.
Solution Development and Deployment Tasks
- Complete various deployment activities to enable development of the solution.
- Develop and build specific aspects of the solution (mainly solutions with reporting and data analytics components), including customizations and configurations.
- Ensuring that all development work executed against identified gaps (solution definition) adhere to industry standards and be in line with the approved solution specifications.
- React to bugs captured by testers during functional acceptance testing as well as user acceptance testing.
- If needed, provide defect progress updates during testing phase, and produce release notes for any scheduled code releases.
- Complete various deployment activities related to cut-off phase of a project prior to a release.
Data Migration and Integration Tasks
- Implementation of solution integration and transition (data migration) requirements by defining migration paths and executing all aspects of ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) activities, while working closely with Solution Architect and QA.
- Deployment of data transformation engine (in Azure Data Factory for example) to enable effective integration and migration activities.
- Managing the migration and enrichment of data to be migrated from various source systems (on-premise systems (such as Dynamics CRM 2013 and SAP R3), Spreadsheets, SharePoint (migration of documents)), and also to assist with the analysis of data quality and the development of cleansing plans.
- Responsible for the design of the integration solution to ensure that the integration requirements are met and gather concerning points of integration that are in scope for testing.
- Co-ordinate data loads into the test environments once built and execute those data loads. Also responsible for data load into the target systems in the solution at go-live.
- Responsible for the data sets that are to be migrated to the target systems, and for ensuring that the data has been appropriately cleansed ready for loading.
- Ensuring that the staging area has been designed and built and is responsible for the data migration run-throughs.
User Acceptance Testing Tasks
- Co-ordination of test activity, and escalation of test issues, risks, and concerns to the Project Management.
- Contribute to the creation of the test activities reports.
- Complete Functional Acceptance Tests to some of the work developed by other team members.
- Ensuring that all testing activities are carried out to the required standard, including both test scripts and test execution, and that all User Acceptance Testing exit criteria are met prior to sign-off.
- Preparation of certain demonstration material prior to User Acceptance Testing activities
Process Auditing and System Administration Tasks
- Key periodical System Administration tasks to maintain health of system, including keeping organizational and business rules configurations up to date in response to change requests, as well as responding to certain issues/bugs raised during operation.
- Supports in training of Business Operational Support Champions prior to release of new change.
- Performs Periodical (or request basis) Process Induction, including tailored walkthroughs based on audience.
- Process quality auditing to evaluate solution benefits and promote business to maintain consistent standard. This also involves designing and building reports particularly for this purpose.
Absolute Must Requirements:
- BS Degree or higher in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related discipline.
Proven experienceof extensive experience in data integration and migration activities, using Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, SSIS or other ETL technologies. This includes experience with integration with Microsoft Technologies (Office, SharePoint, Azure AD, Azure Services, Power BI, Connectors, etc.) and architecting integration engine and Integration Bridges.
- Certified Azure Data Engineer Associate ( Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate - Learn ¦ Microsoft Docs )
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in developing solutions in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement applications (Core Marketing, Sales, Project Operation, Field Service and Customer Voice), Power Platform Tools (Power Apps, CDS/CDM, Flow, and Power BI) as well as developing Power BI tools;
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 application testing of configurations and customizations
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of how migration works mainly from none Online Dynamics Systems (SAP) and manual files/flat files to Dynamics 365 Online, and ability to utilize latest supporting technologies;
- A working knowledge ASP.NET, VB.NET and/or C#, and Transact-SQL;
- Ability to design and deliver optimal workflows and monitor/troubleshoot related issues and Understanding of core concepts surrounding Microsoft apps (Including utilization of AppInsight)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to include internal/external interaction, documentation and presentations;
- Fluency in business English;
- Excellent in solving problems with attention to details
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £45k Annual
£80 - £81 Daily
£28k - £35k Annual
£75 - £95 Daily