Embedded Linux/Firmware Developer
Posted on Aug 25, 2021 by Helvetica Partners Sarl
We are currently looking on behalf of one of our important clients for an Embedded Linux/Firmware Developer. This role is permanent position based in Zürich.
- Concept, architect, design & maintain Embedded Firmware for high-quality portable instruments for non-destructive testing (NDT).
- Development a 64/32-bit ARM based portable Embedded Linux devices based on an existing platform or from scratch.
- Partake in the software development & life cycle management of multiple Linux based systems in parallel.
- Carry out complex end-to-end system level tests, troubleshooting or debugging.
- Help HW/SW & iOS developers identify the route-cause of critical problems & propose, implement, test & verify reliable solutions across all deployed devices.
- Work with multi-disciplinary cross-functional teams including in the areas of software, electronics, mechanics, marketing, design & product management.
Your Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong expertise & experience in Linux, BSP & HW bring-up.
- Highly proficient know-how in OpenEmbedded/Yocto or Buildroot.
- Skilled & experienced in C, Python & Unix Shell. Experience with C++ is also considered a plus.
- Ideally experienced in Network & Wireless connectivity in Embedded Devices (both Wi-Fi & Bluetooth).
- Demonstrated experience within interdisciplinary high-tech product development environments.
- Completed University Degree in Software or Electrical Engineering.
- Enthusiastic, self-driven, hands-on, solution-oriented & a team-player.
- Ambitious, passionate about technology & very motivated to work in interdisciplinary teams.
- Fluent English (spoken & written), German is considered a big plus.
If you wish to apply, please send us your resume in Word format with some references.