Senior Project Manager (Technology and Digital Skills)
Posted on Aug 25, 2021 by upReach
upReach is an award-winning social mobility charity supporting less-advantaged students to secure graduate jobs in sectors including Technology, Law and Consulting. We deliver a comprehensive programme of professional development to over 2,000 students, working in close partnership with leading employers such as Deloitte, FactSet, Goldman Sachs and Slaughter and May.
In October 2019, upReach won the Charity of the Year Award (income
Do you think that your socio-economic background should determine your career prospects? upReach's vision is of a society in which everybody has an equal opportunity to realise their full career potential. We help young people from less-advantaged backgrounds achieve their career potential by providing an intensive programme of support that addresses socio-economic barriers to graduate employment.
Our work is important because right now a student from a disadvantaged background who gains a first class degree from a top university is less likely to secure an elite job than a more privileged student with a 2.2.
We are an award-winning charity employer working to address this issue in partnership with employers and universities. Building on the success of the past five years, upReach's current partners include Allen & Overy, Bank of America, the Civil Service Fast Stream, Deloitte and Slaughter and May. We also partner with universities including Exeter, King's College London, Liverpool, Warwick and Manchester.
This academic year, over 2,000 undergraduates (we call them upReach Associates) are being supported through our unique programme of application support, soft skills workshops, video forums (small group, online seminar-style sessions), mentoring and professional experience.
About the Role
Core responsibilities will include:
- Deliver on an existing plan to provide digital skills training for Associates, and iteratively improve and develop the programme over time through analysis of key data and metrics
- Contribute to strategic decisions concerning the design and delivery of the Technology programme as a whole Design and implement the training content needed for Associates on the Technology Programme.
- Work alongside the Technology Team to deliver events relevant to the unique needs of the participants on the Technology Programme.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the programme and training delivered, working with Technology Programme Manager to meet the programme KPIs.
- Implement a new set of Digital Skills Training opportunities by creating or sourcing resources available for all upReach Associates, regardless of their career preferences, and take responsibility for the relevant KPIs.
- Create and maintain the appropriate content and resources to support all upReach Associates in their commercial awareness and understanding of the impact of technology on all career sectors.
- Build tools to support all Programme Coordinators in their delivery of application support (eg application guides, mock interview templates, resource signposting, etc) for all upReach Associates.
- Identify external specialist training providers, where appropriate, ensuring a high quality of delivery and return-on-investment.
- Maintain strong relationships with Technology sponsor partners in collaboration with the
- Technology Programme Manager and Partnerships Manager, including quarterly/annual reporting requirements on stakeholder KPIs.
- Contribute to strategic decisions concerning the resourcing of the Technology
This position would be suited to individuals who are committed to upReach's mission. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about social-mobility and believe that background should not be a barrier to graduate employment.
To be successful it is anticipated that you would have at least 3-5 years experience working in project management/implementation or content creation and training design. You should be collaborative, proactive, resilient and used to managing competing priorities within a varied workload. The ideal candidate will have an interest in the technology sector or experience working in a technology firm or in a tech-role in an organisation in a different sector.
1. Strong project management and problem solving skills, in addition to superb
organisational skills to manage a varied workload.
2. Experience designing or delivering training or learning & development content
3. Experience working in a fast-paced environment and working independently to find solutions to problems.
4. Ability to engage and flex communication style confidently with a variety of
stakeholders, such as beneficiaries, upReach partners and all levels of employees across the organisation.
5. Strong collaboration skills when working in both small and large teams of varied team members
6. Self-motivation and an ability to work in a small team as well as independently, with a creative and a proactive attitude.
7. Excellent influencing, facilitation and communication skills (both oral and written) and be comfortable preparing and presenting reports and proposals to senior management and external stakeholders.
8. At least a Grade 'B' in Maths and English GCSE (if you have extenuating
circumstances, let us know)*
9. University degree (2:1 or higher)* in any discipline, or equivalent experience.
Please email your CV and a covering letter (in PDF format) to Sam Gill by clicking Apply now by 9am on Tuesday 31st August 2021. In your covering
letter, please explain your motivation for applying to this role, and why you are interested in working at upReach, giving further details about your interest and ambitions.
Early applications are encouraged as we will conduct interviews on a rolling basis and may appoint before the closing date.
If you have any questions about the role or application process, please reach out to Sam Gill. Please Note: upReach has a responsibility under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 to ensure that, at the time of starting their employment, successful candidates have permission to work in the UK.
If you have a right to work in the UK, you will be required to bring proof of this to your online interview (by providing your original passport or other right to work documents). If your permission to work in the UK relies on a job offer, please bring written details including evidence of any existing visas or work permits. A photocopy/scan will be requested of your right to work document(s) and stored securely. If you are unsuccessful at interview the copy will be destroyed. Unfortunately, upReach is unable to financially sponsor Visas or work permits.