R Developer (m/w/d)
Posted on Aug 25, 2021 by ITech Consult
R Developer (m/w/d) - GitHUB/Gitlab / Jenkins/English
For our Pharma client in Kaiseraugst we are looking for a highly motivated and qualified R Developer (m/w/d).
Roche's Product Development organization is dedicated to delivering outstanding therapies to patients who need them. We conduct global clinical trials, analyze results, monitor safety, and work with regulatory authorities to provide truly differentiated medicines to patients. PDIX delivers IT services and solutions tailored towards the need of the PD functions. One of the products that is currently being developed is a cloud based Advanced Analytics platform (PDAA). We do #Code4life creating innovative software that helps doctors, patients and scientists around the world. We are looking for experienced, a self-driven R developers who want to join an agile international team of scientists and software engineers that work on a new R based tool chain to transform how we process and analyze data in clinical trials.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Advanced R programming, including package development using devtools
- Package testing, using test that or some other testing utility (RUnit comes to mind)
- Working with GitHub/Gitlab or even Bitbucket, creating branches, familiarity with git workflows. We are not following any particular git workflow in our projects, but knowing them evidences some deep familiarity with version control systems.
- Package development cycle using R CMD check
- Extracting documentation programmatically
- Metaprogramming/static code analysis of package objects
- Developing/contributing to mature R packages that exercise many software development best practices
- 5+ years of experience with R package representations & structure (basic knowledge of what package metadata is available, and how to access it within R)
- Experience with CI/CD automation (eg Travis CI, Github actions, Gitlab CI/CD, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Devops skills (Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD)
- Experience in agile ways of working
- Knowledge of a package namespace and how it can be analyzed
- English fluent is a must
Nice to Haves:
- Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics is a plus
- Experience with code coverage utils would be nice
- Experience in metaprogramming skills would be an advantage to understand the intricacies of the language
- Experience dealing with package repositories outside of CRAN and Bioconductor, such as a companywide package repository is a plus
- Experience leading a team of developers is a plus
- Experience in working on open source projects is an advantage
- The person needs to have growth-mindset with an attitude to continuously learning new technologies and exploring new business areas.
Reference No.: 920591SKN
Role: R Developer
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.