Business Development Manager
Posted on Aug 25, 2021 by Solar Energy UK (The GreenJobs Network of Websites)
PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Business Development Manager
Solar Energy UK is an established trade association working for and representing the entire solar and energy storage value chain. Our purpose is to catalyse the collective strengths of our members to build a clean energy system for everyone's benefit.
A non-profit association, Solar Energy UK represents a thriving member-led community of over 230 businesses and associates and has a proven track record of winning policy breakthroughs and creating supportive services and events for companies in the sector.
The industry is experiencing an exciting period of change and growth, with an ambitious target to triple capacity to at least 40GW of solar and storage by 2030. We are seeking an experienced business development and sales manage to help drive forward this agenda.
Working closely with the head of business development, to drive a step-change in recruiting new members, developing new services, and increasing sponsorship against projects and events, particularly in the residential and commercial rooftop markets.
• Support the implementation of a new three-year business development strategy from 2022-25 to grow the income of the association.
• Build relationships with prospective member businesses in rooftop and storage markets, achieving ambitious annual targets for membership income growth.
• Manage relationships with specific segments and tiers of existing members to support retention, upgrades and engagement, to include collating key metrics.
• Develop business leads and secure income for industry events alongside partners, identify and secure speakers and help sponsors to achieve maximum value.
• Work collaboratively with the head of policy, partners and funders to develop new membership services, including on training and market intelligence.
• Ensure the value of membership is well communicated to existing and prospective members, to include content and conversations on social media.
• Support the development of foundation bids for project funding, to include securing
co-sponsorship from members as required.
• Propose and develop potential new funding models, income streams and partnerships to help further the association's strategic priorities.
• Coordinate member renewals and other financial support for the association, to include sending out invoices and liaising with the association's credit control agency.
• Maintain and develop the association's customer relationship management system, ensuring integration of data with the website and email platform.
• At least three years' experience in sales or business development, ideally in a trade association or other membership body
• Experience in generating income from large events and/or for training provision
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to identify new business, negotiate and close sales including in an online environment
• Experience of operating successfully in, and contributing to a growing business, with ability to multi-task and deliver to tight deadlines
• A degree in a relevant field
• A background in the renewable energy or electrical installation sector
A permanent role, based in London with travel in the UK as required, with competitive salary of £36k to £40k per annum plus performance incentive, 5% pension and 25 days holiday.
The role can either be full time (9am to 5.30pm), or a four-day week with pro rata pay. The association's flexible working policy allows up to three days a week of working from home.
Please apply with a CV and one-page covering letter to cparker(at)solarenergyuk.org, stating how you fit the job specification below by noon on 20th September 2021.
Interviews will be held October 1st 2021 and it is hoped the successful candidate will be in post by the end of October.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.