Full Stack Java Developer (Outside IR35)
Posted on Aug 25, 2021 by Venesky-Brown
Venesky-Brown's client, a public sector organisation in Glasgow/Edinburgh, is currently looking to recruit a Full Stack Java Developer for an initial 6 month contract with the potential to extend on a rate of £420-£460/day (outside of IR35). Due to the current circumstances this role will be remote based for the foreseeable future.
- Continued enhancement of the customer facing product portfolio based on customer feedback.
- Continued development and support of Customer Facing products in line with the product and architecture roadmaps with a view to improving digital sustainability and tackling architectural and technical debt.
- Demonstrate excellent, sustainable and collaborative software development practice that's focused on delivering highly readable, maintainable and appropriate artefacts.
- Actively participating in all team events, leading where specialist knowledge in required, and supporting the team to improve their process through inspection and adaptation.
- Engage with the wider communities of practice and interest to share knowledge, technique and experience.
- Ensure high quality of developed solutions through development and maintenance of unit tests with appropriate code coverage and code analysis using code quality tools.
- Ensure that developed software complies with non-functional requirements, such as accessibility, security, UI/UX, performance, maintainability, deployability, etc..
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms, from the AWS-based modern stack to the multiple strands of ETL and database (Legacy and otherwise) that underpins the service.
- Routinely use collaborative development practices such as pairing and mobbing techniques in programming, code reviews, system design and requirements analysis/refinement, etc.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members, as appropriate
- Java 11
- Python 3
- Spring Boot, Python Flask microservices
- Spring security and OAuth2
- Strong HTML/CSS skills and an awareness of accessibility considerations.
- Modern DevOps and CI/CD practices including deployment pipelines, Jenkins and Docker
- Designing and developing with relational and NoSQL databases, particularly Mongo and Postgres
- Significant and demonstrable commercial experience in the following areas:
- Delivering high quality software collaboratively in high-performing, cross-functional development teams.
- Designing, gaining consensus, and implementing technical solutions for software development projects
- Developing within Digital First or GDS quality standards
- Developing solutions using human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices
- Designing and implementing solutions using service and event-based architectures
- Using testing tools for unit testing, including system test automation frameworks
- Cloud monitoring, telemetry, intelligence tools and processes, including Grafana
- Incrementally replacing enterprise Legacy systems
- Working in Agile delivery models
- Defining infrastructure as code
- Using UI pattern libraries to achieve consistent, tested and high-quality interfaces
- Code quality, monitoring, telemetry and analytics tools
- AWS Lambda, S3, Cloud Formation, Aurora/Postgres, API Gateway, CDK
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please get in touch.