Senior Platform Engineer
Posted on Aug 25, 2021 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Middleware Platform Engineer. This role is a contract to hire position. The role revolves around supporting Middleware and packaged applications. This person needs to have hands on experience administering Java containers such as WebSphere Application Server, JBoss, Tomcat or Weblogic, MQ with expertise in installing, supporting, analysing logs and performance tuning. This person also needs to have extensive experience using Opensouce, Docker, Containers, Etc. A degree is a must for this role. The dress code for this company is as follows, men must wear dress shirt and tie, and women must wear suite or dress.
- Gain solid understanding of the business process, workflows and data.
- Establish close partnership with the business and Application development teams.
- Work with project managers during scoping and requirements sessions.
- Gather requirements and design and deploy functionality to meet business requirements.
- Assist in technical specifications and other deliverable documents.
- Provide on-call support for production applications.
- Develop a deep understanding of applications and integration and bring issues to resolution.
- Monitor application performance and address bottlenecks.
- Configure application for the best performance.
- Plan and support technology software patching.
- Become subject-matter expert (SME) on the software packages you are assigned to support.
- Continually investigate new tools and practices that will help productivity and stay current with industry.
- Passion for managing, monitoring and optimizing the platform and security of production systems and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 5+ years hands-on experience administering WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ, Tomcat, JBOSS with build, support, analysis and performance tuning.
- Experience with CI/CD practices and tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Urbancode Deploy, Ansible is preferred.
- Experience with container orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker Swarm a plus.
- Knowledge of installing and supporting Red Hat Linux Version 7.x a plus.
- Strong understanding of network and security concepts, such as DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, IP, QOS and ICMP.
- Experience and/or familiarity with other technologies, such as RESTful over HTTP.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to collaborate effectively and excel in a team environment.