R Developer - remote position
Posted on Aug 25, 2021 by Experis AG
Experis IT is Europe's leading IT recruitment agency. We are dedicated to connecting talented individuals with Business opportunities across a number of professional sectors, with IT being at the heart of our operations.
For one of our clients specialized in the diagnostics industry we are looking for a R Developer with experience in CI/CD automation.
This is a contracting position starting in September until the end of March 2022 with extension possibilities.
- Advanced R programming, including package development using devtools
- Package testing, using test that or some other testing utility (RUnit comes to mind)
- Working with GitHub/Gitlab or even Bitbucket, creating branches, familiarity with git workflows. We are not following any particular git workflow in our projects but knowing them evidences some deep familiarity with version control systems.
- Package development cycle using R CMD check
- Extracting documentation programmatically
- Metaprogramming/static code analysis of package objects
- Developing/contributing to mature R packages that exercise many software development best practices
- 5+ years of experience with R package representations & structure (basic knowledge of what package metadata is available, and how to access it within R)
- Experience with CI/CD automation (eg, Travis CI, Github actions, Gitlab CI/CD, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Devops skills (Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD)
- Experience in agile ways of working
- Knowledge of a package namespace and how it can be analyzed
- English fluent is a must
Nice to haves:
- Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics is a plus
- Experience with code coverage utils would be nice
- Experience in metaprogramming skills would be an advantage to understand the intricacies of the language
- Experience dealing with package repositories outside of CRAN and Bioconductor, such as a companywide package repository is a plus
- Experience leading a team of developers is a plus
- Experience in working on open-source projects is an advantage
- The person needs to have growth-mindset with an attitude to continuously learning new technologies and exploring new business areas.
Start Date: 01/09/2021
End date: 31/03/2022