Senior Security Network Operations Engineer
Posted on Aug 25, 2021 by NP Group
Contract to perm Assignment - Senior Security Network Operations Engineer
Reference - 13232
Day Rate - €500-€550 a day contract - €70,000 - €85,000 salary
Duration - 6-12 months contract with a vew to move into a permanent position
Start Date - ASAP
Location - Dublin
*Must have Financial Services Experience*
A Senior Security Network Operations Engineer is required support major business and security project activities. EMEA region. The ideal candidate will provide Senior technical support for network and security devices in region while also acting as 3rd line support to the operations teams. Reporting to EMEA head of networks as part of security networks delivery team. The primary responsibilities will include design and deployment of new network security devices, maintaining the stability, availability and system life cycle of all key security devices in region. Respond to incident escalation requirements from security tools and support SOC functions in region
Drives implementation of processes and programs to address information security operational needs. Manage communication, change, resource, and standard activities, while tracking and reporting project progress to completion.
- Ensure security by design principles
- Network solutions design and implementations
- administration, and monitoring
- Firewall policy creation
- Firewall base line security
- Monitoring and response device health
- Thread prevention countermeasures review
- Provide proactive fault management and vendor engagement
- Perimeter Hygiene
- Assisted in cyber security investigations
Job Accountabilities - Key Accountabilities
As a Senior Security Network Operations your skills and qualifications will include:
- 5-7 years professional experience managing enterprise network Security environments including 2 years of experience administrating in house and/or cloud based email security solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or related field is preferred but not required
- Vendor specific certifications are preferred, but not required, including: Qualified Palo Alto Management to PCNSE6
- Qualified CISCO ASA Firewall Management to CCNP standard
- Qualified Checkpoint CCSA standard
- Knowledge managing NG Firewalls both physical and virtual.
- Knowledge managing remote users access in particular Palo Alto prisma Access(GPCS) platform
- In depth knowledge of Network Security Architecture
- Solid background in data networks and routing protocols
- ITIL v3 preferable but not essential
- Qualified or working towards certifications like CISSP or CISA.
- Good team player, and excellent communication skills.
- Self starter who can lead major initiatives and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Experience with administering, troubleshooting and configuring/implementation (Palo Alto/CISO/Checkpoint) Firewalls, Bluecat IPAM system
- Cisco networking CCNP level
- AWS/Azure fundamentals level knowledge
- Network/Design experience
- Software Experience - Windows OS/Junos/ScreenOS/IOS
- Good understanding of security operations and technologies.
- Experience with Security Assessments
Networking People (UK) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.