Product Manager, Geneva
Posted on Aug 25, 2021 by PSD Technology Contracts Ltd.
My client is seeking a Product Manager to join on a contract basis to work on a brand-new conceptual product, focused on Aircraft Line Maintenance.
My client is exploring new digital services for Aircraft Line Maintenance companies and identified a Line Maintenance organisation to perform a Proof of Concept together with my client.
The proof of concept will be performed in collaboration with a Third-party company based in France specialised in a software application polling aircraft information en-route.
- Phase 1 (September November 2021) of the proof of concept will consist in capturing customer requirement for the phase 1 - Mockup. The product manager will perform the requirement capture, analysis, implementation and follow up with the customer and capture lessons learned.
- Phase 2 (December-April 2022) of the proof of concept will consist in a live trial with a live aircraft. The product manager will integrate lessons learned from the mock-up phase, perform the requirement capture, analysis, implementation and follow up with the customer. Phase 2 should lead to define the service and the business opportunity.
- Customer requirements requirement analysis
- Capture user stories
- Derive functional requirements and UI specification
- Drive third party partner and engineering implementation
- Follow up on customer feedback during POC experience
- Product Management methodologies (eg Stage Gate) as well as Product Development methodologies such as Agile and DevOps
- Innovation skills and a track record in defining market requirements and functional specifications
- Business market concepts, theories and principles; ability to use tools and techniques for collecting, collating and analysing information on existing or potential markets in order to meet market needs.
- Working experience for the evaluation of a market and business opportunities.
- Marketing Strategy and Positioning: Market research, segmentation, and channels; ability to use business models to develop and implement marketing strategies, objectives, and tactics as well as establishing a communications plan.
- Product Development Life Cycle: Experience of various product development life cycles; ability to develop products and bring them into the marketplace.
- Agile Development: Working experience of and ability to utilize formal agile methodologies, disciplines, practices, and techniques for the delivery of new and enhanced applications ideally in co-innovation with a lunch customer.
- Knowledge of the IT industries and their economic drivers
- Aviation IT would be a plus (on-board an on-ground)
- English written & spoken