Senior Commercial Modeller - EV
Posted on Aug 25, 2021 by Igloo3
Senior Commercial Modeller - EV, Home based, UK. Salary up to 58,000 + annual bonus and nice benefits
This is an exciting opportunity with a leading distributed energy and private networks business who finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for corporate customers.
The company design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise Building Energy Management Systems as well as developing Energy Control solutions for smart places - Cities, Campuses and Industrial buildings.
The role and key responsibilities
Due to the expansion of the client's EV infrastructure business, the growing team is on the look for an experienced Commercial Modeller to support this growth.
The Senior Commercial Modeller will actively lead the commercial modelling workstream to support investment decisions, including bidding for new projects typically up to 100million capital cost.
You'll create and own commercial models, working with the project teams to identify competitive advantages, deliver value engineering and ensure bids are competitive, highlighting key risks and opportunities. You'll also assess the impact on the business's earnings forecasts for both short- and long-term projections.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial, you'll work alongside the Project, Engineering, Commercial and Finance teams to ensure the commercial models are fit for purpose and up to date.
You'll create and run investment models and work with the EV team to prepare commercial agreements, including bid documents. You'll also work with other sectors in Distributed Energy to ensure that models have the flexibility to adapt and maximise the ability to create multi-sector proposals to win localised energy offerings.
* Extensive experience in economic modelling from within the Energy Industry, preferably within Renewables/Infrastructure. Exposure to project finance/debt raising processes would be a plus.
* A good understanding of Utilities and the Energy Industry, including investment analysis and the underlying market principles.
* Excellent numerical and financial acumen and proficient in MS Excel. A curiosity and capacity to understand and develop complex financial and commercial project issues.
* Confident and clear communicator with good presentation skills and the ability to communicate with different audiences and levels, tailoring the communication to suit the situation.
* Clear understanding of accounting principles (e.g. P&L/cash-flow/BS build-up; depreciation/ tax calcs). A financial qualification would be desirable, but not essential (ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent).
Salary to 58,000 + annual bonus and nice benefits
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £45k Annual
£80 - £81 Daily
£28k - £35k Annual
£75 - £95 Daily