Senior C# Software Engineer
Posted on Aug 25, 2021 by Set2Recruit
Senior C# Software Engineer
If you are looking for a real engineering challenge in a large enterprise software environment, with massive Datasets and chance to build new features in a busy operational team then this is a great team to join.
They have a variety of new projects and part of a number of both large projects and quick business critical projects both in Backend and Web API and Mobile (Xamarin) type projects.
This is a group of passionate software engineers, that enjoy working together in a team based approach and able to work across a fast moving and large (sometimes old platform) but able to approach it with new idea's, logic and thinking to add to the successful outcome of projects.
- College/University degree or equivalent, or appropriate career experience
- Experience of designing and developing robust applications deployed in a corporate environment. Able to understand challenging problems and able to resolve these working with the Senior/Lead Engineers in the group.
- A thorough knowledge of NET/C#, ASP.NET (+MVC), Web Services (WCF/WebAPI), SQL Server and any 4GL.
- Any Experience of application development using the .NET Compact Framework and/or Xamarin is nice to have.
- Clean driving license
Overview of Role
- Application Development experience
- Ability to work Remotely currently with a potential of 2 days in a office (post covid)
- Working closely with the Business Analysts in understanding application requirements and develop software solutions, either by creating new or modifying existing applications.
- Perform QA on all deliverables; ensure quality, fit-for-purpose solutions.
- Transition solutions to production (live) environments.
- 2/3rd Line Application Support when required
- Provide system application support, provide and deliver tactical fixes, make recommendations on permanent resolution of problems.
- Analyse information system requirements, create designs, and provide necessary documentation by utilising specified tools and methodologies.
- Working with Solution Architects, Business Analysts and Project Stakeholders to understand business requirements, solution designs
- Hands-on solution development
- Transitioning project deliveries to the production environment, working with the IT Services team.
- Work in conjunction with Solution Architects and Business Analysts to provide recommendations on Group system enhancements/innovations.
- Work in conjunction with 1st/2nd line support teams as necessary to resolve complex system support issues.
- Applicants will be motivated to work on their own initiative analysing problems and quickly understanding functional specifications from which to build a solution. You will also be involved in the design and implementation of a standard software development framework.
Additional Skills - Desirable
- Previous experience of developing software frameworks
- Worked with rugged hand held mobile computers.
- Experience with Web Methods BPM and business process modelling and development in general
- Knowledge of logistics systems, in particular, tracking and fleet route management systems, ideally gained in a parcels background.
- Passionate about software development and best programming practices;
- High attention to detail and task oriented with the ability to work to strict deadlines;
- Resilient to pressure and able to work within a multi-paced, environment;
- Flexible and able to multi-task in order to deliver competing priorities and take direction from several sources;
- Self-starter, comfortable progressing a schedule of work
- Good logical and interpersonal skills;
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills