IT Segment Architect - Netherlands, Amsterdam - Flexible Working - €755/day - Immediate Start -
Posted on Aug 24, 2021 by bluewaveSELECT
bluewaveSELECT are currently looking for a Segment Architect, with extensive TOGAF experience
The Architect will have a strong technical background of implementing complex and robust enterprise wide architectures and will be expected to work the relationship angle as well as be the designer.
Focus will be on the broader context of IT4IT.
Main focus of this Lead Architect will be IT4IT, with a potential minor in Asset & Investment management.
You should be able to commute to Amsterdam for over 50% of the engagement - and should be able to join the engagement on short notice.
The Segment Architect will have a strong technical background of implementing complex and robust enterprise wide architectures and will be expected to work the relationship angle as well as be the designer.
Focus will be on the broader context of IT4IT. The core system in place is Service Now.
1. Work with the Business Lead architect as well as the Segment Architect to develop and maintain the segment architecture, application portfolio inventory, landscape diagrams and life cycle maps for the applications within the portfolio.
2. Identify and propose potential portfolio changes and improvements, including decommissioning. Develop and maintain application roadmaps for the portfolio.
3. Provide consultancy on architecture and portfolio matters. This includes, but is not limited to benchmarking of the portfolio against external practice; externalization efforts to keep a highly visible external perspective; advise on any project issues; advise touch points with other Lines of Business and opportunities to leverage applications, processes etc.
4. Work closely with other Segment Architects and to assure an efficient application landscape and adherence to prevailing standards and guidelines.
5. Ensure architecture artefact quality and retention in BiZZdesign
6. Facilitate Architecture Risk Assessments on projects, and conduct Assurance Reviews and Stage Gate signoff for medium and low risk projects, involving data, technical and integration architects as needed
7. Provide support to Solution Architects, including overall development and coordination of solution architects working in the portfolio (eg, coaching, mentoring, input on resourcing decisions.)
Skills & Requirements:
Able to explain and apply the main architecture processes and explain the value.
The client uses the TOGAF framework as a reference.
Strategic thinker, able to develop and articulate a vision and direction in complex organisational and (IT) technical situations
Strong communications and stakeholder management skills.
Able to articulate a vision and build support for that vision in the wider team and organization - Fluent in Dutch & Great English skills
Ability to self-start and direct efforts based on high-level business objectives
Strong people skills with the ability to coach and influence teams (without direct line authority) to meet new challenges.
Able to provide strong input and guidance on integration patterns and tooling
Maintains an active view of the external market development and integrates these in the delivery of segment architectures
Uses relevant guidelines, standards, reference architecture, tools, templates and stored artefacts to deliver architecture (solution, data, technical) in projects.
Able to assess vulnerability of technology and to explain relevant IRM strategy for Architecture