Posted on Aug 24, 2021 by e-Solutions inc
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for experienced Snowflake Consultants to join our delivery team. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a growing, ambitious company.
Working across a variety of cloud environments, your role is to turn business ideas into full data architectures on either existing or new enterprise developments. The ideal candidate has a deep technical knowledge of modern data architecture, Snowflake Cloud Data Platform, and possesses a desire and passion for supporting other members of the team.
You will act as a subject matter expert involved in a variety of projects. You will be someone who enjoys working with a team and mentoring others. You will work with our clients and suppliers to understand requirements.
You will be someone who thrives in identifying challenges and delivering improvements, thinks analytically and has great communication skills. You will work pro-actively to increase knowledge of the business beyond the delivery team, including how our commercial and production teams work.
Some of the activities that you will engage in include:
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Write SQL statements and Schema design/dimensional data modelling.
- Implement Snowflake ELT using Snowflake SQL, implementing complex stored Procedures and standard DWH and ETL concepts
- Delivery of Snowflake advanced concepts like setting up resource monitors, RBAC controls, virtual warehouse sizing, query performance tuning
- Deploy Snowflake features such as data sharing, events and lake-house patterns
- Manage Snowflake utilities such as SnowSQL, SnowPipe, Big Data model techniques using Python
- Delivery of Data Migration from Legacy DW platforms to Snowflake cloud data warehouse
- At least 3 years' experience within Data & Analytics
- A background in SQL and principles of data warehousing
- Experience of ETL design and dev, including Test-Driven development.
- Snowflake design and engineering experience and certification plus exposure to one of either Azure, AWS or GCP
- Experience in end-to-end implementation of Snowflake cloud data warehouse and end to end data warehouse implementations on-premise
- Expertise in Snowflake - Datamodelling, ELT using Snowflake SQL, implementing complex stored Procedures and standard DWH and ETL concepts
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake utilities, SnowSQL, SnowPipe, Big Data model techniques using Python
- Deep understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods and approaches (star and snowflake, dimensional modelling)
- Experience of programming languages including Object-Oriented language (.Net. Java, C, Python)
- GIT experience
- Good knowledge of DevOps/DataOps principles with working knowledge of Docker and Linux
- Hands on experience with DBT
- Expertise in Snowflake advanced concepts like setting up resource monitors, RBAC controls, virtual warehouse sizing, query performance tuning
- Expertise in deploying Snowflake features such as data sharing, events and lake-house patterns
- Experience with data security and data access controls and design