Posted on Aug 24, 2021 by ITech Consult
Our client is shaping the future of audio - a vision built on a 75-year history of innovation and a continued drive for excellence that is woven into our company's DNA and culture. Around the world, our employees share this passion in the pursuit of the perfect sound, creating products that exceed expectations and set new benchmarks in audio. Our client is one of the world's leading producers of headphones, microphones and wireless transmission technology. The family-owned company operates its own plants in Germany, Ireland and the US and is active in more than 50 countries worldwide.
About the Role:
The purpose of this role is to provide IT expertise and support for all employees based in Ireland (Tullamore). Working as part of a regional IT team, you will provide level 1,2 & 3 support for various departments by, identifying errors, supporting changes and providing solutions to all IT related issues. Additionally, the responsibility for ongoing maintenance, security and upgrading of existing IT infrastructure and systems is covered by this role.
- Maintenance and support of Windows server systems, backups storage and Local Area Network technologies.
- Maintenance and support of Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory
- Maintenance and support of client hardware, including roll-out of new clients, upgrades and hardware repairs including network printers.
- Participating in projects, which could include: Site integration, technology updates, rollout of new software or technology
- Ensure all IT security policies of the company are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Review and updating of all IT process documentation.
- In close collaboration with Group IT, proactively participate in cross departmental projects and participate in global projects where applicable.
- Provide support for all telephony systems, including liaising with service providers regarding upgrades, contract modifications and escalating issues. (Including mobile, fiber connection)
- Key support for production issues, including database management and production hardware maintenance.
- Maintenance of the Intranet system which is built with HTML and PHP.
- Maintenance of database software including monitoring overnight data transfers.
- Gathering requirements and translating business needs into business solutions including technical recommendations
- Being a key contact on site for all IT related queries.
- Participate and actively engage in the SCI Programmer to help achieve and maintain our "Improve Everyday" culture.
- Proactively participate in the performance management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's objectives.
- Demonstrate a strong positive work ethic that will embody the company's culture and corporate values.
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic and motivated approach to duties.
- A team player, with good communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Methodical approach combined with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Reliable and punctual time management.
- A proven 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Must be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team and display an understanding of teamwork culture.
- Experience in setting up computers in MS Windows environment
- Windows server 2012 and above, Active Directory administration
- Confidence to carry out software upgrades on local applications
- VMWare management skills
- Strong understanding of network protocols
- Degree or equivalent within Computer Science field
- Experience in a manufacturing environment an advantage
- Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No .: 920586EK
Role: Systems Administrator
Industry: Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
Location: Tullamore, Co. Offaly, Ireland
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent Contract
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Feel free to contact us for further information.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK
and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd
Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£258 - £343 Daily
£55k - £60k Annual
£55k - £60k Annual
£316 - £406 Daily
£361 - £451 Daily
£361 - £451 Daily
£50k - £55k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual
€350 - €350 Daily