Lead Developer C# .NET/Lead .NET Developer/Lead C# Developer/Technical Lead
Posted on Aug 24, 2021 by Nexere Consulting Limited
- Location: Able to commute into Manchester or London office as necessary but WFH supported
- Expected Start Date: ASAP
- Salary Range: We would like to pay £70000 - £95000 for this role with potential flexibility
We are a growing collection of creative problem solvers focused around the arts and technology whose mission is to help arts organizations be more successful. We're doing this through a combination of cloud-based software and consultative customer support that empowers arts organizations to grow revenue, increase efficiency, and build stronger relationships with audiences. We are always looking for new ways to approach problems, share knowledge, and better serve our customers. You'd be joining a team of over 120, based across our New York, London and Manchester offices and working with over 500 arts organizations in North America and the UK.
We are looking for 2 Tech Leads to join our engineering department. Both roles are in teams working with our software, databases and cloud infrastructure. One is focused on serving our clients operational needs eg continuously improving the product. The other is working on projects to improve the development experience of our platform, eg simplicity of deployment and operation.
These roles will be responsible for the technical delivery of the team's work, ensuring that solutions are high quality and aligned with the department's practices and principles.
They will be a member of the Technical Leadership Community and work closely with the Principal Engineer to iterate on the technical vision and strategy. They will then communicate and oversee the implementation of that strategy within their teams.
They will work alongside various supporting roles such as a Delivery Manager, Line managers and Product Owners. All ensuring that their teams can deliver on their goals and continuously improve.
Our cloud native approach means using Azure PaaS solutions where possible to deliver value to our clients. Our technical strategy is to invest in simplifying the development and deployment of our applications to operate a reliable platform that our clients and third party developers can build their businesses on.
The ideal candidate will be practiced in technical leadership, agile delivery and test driven development. They will be interested in building and operating the web services and infrastructure that make up the S platform.
- Be an experienced leader
- Aligning a team with their goals
- Facilitating team members career development by providing opportunities
- Stakeholder management
- Be able to communicate fluently and teach others the following working practices
- Pair programming
- Agile software delivery practices including Lean and Kanban
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous Integration
- Dependency Injection & Inversion of Control
- Have experience building and maintaining web applications in production environments
- Common architectural patterns (eg layered, hexagonal, clean)
- Databases (Including concepts like indexes and transactions scopes)
- Performance and monitoring
- Security practices (eg understanding of OWASP Top 10)
- Be comfortable safely refactoring Legacy code
- Be able to work alongside client facing support and product owners to analyse business requirements
- Be keen to learn new technologies and skills
- Be receptive to feedback and be able to give constructive feedback
Experience of our existing tech stack is a bonus but if you are not familiar with these then we still want to hear from you. You'll just need to be happy to learn them
- Azure Cloud (DevOps, Compute, Storage, SQL PaaS etc)
- Flexible working. If it works for you and it works for your team then it works. Different teams may have different practices that require people in the office or online at specific times.
- NHS top up scheme (covering dental, optical, therapy & counselling, prescription and other health related costs)
- Mental Health First Aiders across the business
- Continuous development supported by Line manager, learning budget and 10% time
- Enhanced Maternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- 25 days paid holiday with flexibility to take bank holidays wherever you choose
- 2 volunteering days per year
- Pension scheme with matched contributions from the business up to 4%
- Office demo, drinks and celebrations every Friday (currently virtual)
- Varied range of regular socials (currently virtual)
- Cycle to work & Season Ticket Loans
Working from home
We aim to be as flexible as possible when it comes to working setups and lots of our team work from home on a regular basis. This means we generally work with a remote first approach even when we are in the office. Whether you end up working in the office or from home more you will need a good setup for working from home.
We'll provide reasonable support and all the hardware you need to get started, but we do require that you have the following already in place:
- A quiet working space at home where you can consistently take video calls without interruptions
- An Internet connection that supports your participation in video calls and access to our systems and services