Unix and Windows Workstation engineer
Posted on Aug 23, 2021 by EXCIS COMPLIANCE LTD
Spirit Aero is looking for Unix desktop/Windows Workstation expert Location Belfast UK to help with implementation and management of the current desktop support, then in due course, to work on extending the capabilities of that support in a secure, reliable, flexible, reportable and support-resource efficient way.
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role within UK as Onsite Engineer.
- Hands-on experience with Linux, AIX 4.3.3, Solaris 2.6,Solaris 2.8/Windows OS environments
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs.
- Implement software installation and perform upgrades to operating systems with various software packages. Moreover, they build software that automates the configuration and deployment of multiple types of IT core systems.
- Troubleshooting and debugging issues that pop up in computer hardware networks, infrastructure, and operating systems. They repair server hardware, perform audits, and ensure systems are working according to established policies and guidelines.
- Actively monitor Unix systems and run diagnostic tests on hardware to identify problems and analyse system faults.
- User and Security Administration, Job Scheduling, Performance monitoring and analysis.
- Setting up NFS Servers, configure exporting shares to clients and performing NFS mounts at different Linux clients.
- Root cause analysis of issues arising in our existing multi-vendor environment (Thin Client hardware, monitor hardware, USB (audio devices, webcam, Smartcard, HID extended), Linux Thin Client operating system inc. X Window System (x11/x.org) and USB Plug and Play subsystem (udev), Linux VDI client/receiver, Linux audio-visual offloading client (Real Time-communications, video streaming etc.).
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions.
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skill.
- Customer oriented attitude.
- Operating Systems Mainly AIX 4.3.3, Solaris 2.6,Solaris 2.8
- pSolid Unix desktop experience, bash Shell script debugging capability
- Reasonable knowledge of the PC/Linux boot process, from UEFI v 'Legacy BIOS' PXE/HDD through init/systemd
- Ability to troubleshoot the Linux graphics subsystem through GUI desktop implementation on multi-monitor devices, from Kernel/modules/window server (inc. resize/rotate)/window manager/desktop(eg GNOME/MATE)
- USB Plug and Play (udev rules)
- Package management knowledge (rpm/deb/tarball)
- Well versed and hands on with Windows operating system.
- Location:- Spirit Aero Belfast
- Onsite presence required. (Client office). Also should be ready for on call support.
- Resource on boarding dates:- August 2nd 2021
- Hands on troubleshooting on Unix (AIX 4.3.3, Solaris 2.6,Solaris 2.8)/Windows OS platform.
- CVE issue tracking awareness
- GNOME/MATE desktop, dconf
Linux Citrix Receiver