DataCentre Architect - initial 1-year + 1-year - Strasbourg - EU-client - SC desired
Posted on Aug 23, 2021 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for one "DataCentre Architect" with configuration management system experience for STRASBOURG (100% on-site, when Covid restrictions been lifted, EU-nationals ONLY) to start ASAP (not before Oct-Nov) an initial 220 day contract (initial, +1x 1-year extensions possible (total 440 w/days), EU-agency-client).
EU nationals ONLY (due to the "EU" security certifications required). We can't accept any longer UK-consultants, as long they don't have EU-SECRET clearance or another EU-citizenship.
- Our client is an international organisation and a great reference in any CV! English speaking environment.
- The start might be off-site because of Corona for some weeks (tbc), but then the position will be on-site in Strasbourg.
This is a real longterm contract with possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability ( initial1-year, where additional 2x220 = 660 w/days in total are foreseen).
EU nationals ONLY (due to the "EU" security certifications required). We can't accept any longer UK-consultants, as long they don't have EU-scurity-clearance or another EU-citizenship (after Brexit the UK-consultant can't get any longer "EU" security clearances, which is mandatory for this position).
- A Security clearance (SC) will be required for this position, if you don't have a valid SC, we will guide you. Our company is holding "FSC - Facility Security Clearance", so we are able to guide/sponsor you through the "PSC - Personal Security Clearance" procedure.
- Start date ASAP means in the October-November period.
- Assist in the implementation of industry best practices for Data Centre engagements;
- Retrieve and compile a baseline information regarding the Data Centres' infrastructure and specifications as well as compile other documentation on current as-is situation;
- Undertake Data Centre specific auditing and reporting on resilience, SPOFs, risks, etc.
Draft adequate technical requirements, processes, programming and planning constraints in the operational environment to achieve state of the art Data Centre technical standards;
Foster industry best practices in Data Centre deployments, integration, testing, and packaging of infrastructure documentation and application solutions;
Perform capacity planning (power, cooling, rack spacing, nodes);
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by IT;
- Experience in reporting standards, methods and templates;
- Good knowledge of project management standards and techniques;
- Knowledge/usage of project management tools;
- Strong understanding of project management and support issues including managing risks, issues, quality, and actions logs;
- Experience of using MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint and the ability to utilise desktop applications;
- Experience of taking minutes and actions in meetings, at all levels;
- Experience of supporting multiple projects and stakeholders;
- Experience of maintaining a configuration management system acting as configuration librarian;
- Experience of creating templates for common project documentation;
- Experience in the full end-to-end IT project life cycle;
- Knowledge of an additional language (French and/or German), to contribute to the various teams', contractors', providers' or other stakeholders' business relations.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant education (master or equivalent) after the secondary school,
Minimum experience requirements:
- Minimum 9 years of relevant professional experience;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in building and supporting mission critical infrastructure for critical applications, running in a highly distributed manner
EU nationals ONLY (due to the EU security certifications required).
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described.
- This position requires "security clearance level: EU Secret". If the candidate doesn't have a Security Clearance (SC) yet, then he/she can start working, when presenting:
- A criminal record (from his/her home country), plus ID-card copy, and
- A prove that he/she has already started the proceed to obtain the SC.
Our company is holding "FSC - Facility Security Clearance", so we are able to guide/sponsor you through the "PSC - Personal Security Clearance" procedure.
Europass-CV-format (DOC) will be required at a later stage, it's mandatory, we can provide template.
- This role would likely be initially remote for some weeks, with the expectation to work 100% onsite after the restrictions have been lifted.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.
If this sounds of interest, then please get in touch ASAP so we can talk about the role and your experience.