MID CONCEPTUAL DESIGNER
Posted on Aug 23, 2021 by HEAD Sport
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious Conceptual Designer for our in-house Creative Agency with an emphasis on bringing our creative ideas to life.
You'll be working with our various creative leads on the visualisation of our many creative concepts. Candidates should be bursting with ideas, a passion for design and out of the box thinking; and have an obsessive interest in sports, design innovation and industry best practice. As a person with significant conceptual experience, you'll have the knack of understanding what's in your colleague's head and presenting it in imaginative, inspiring and beautiful ways.
- Collaborative: Working directly with our Creative Leads and bring their thinking to life.
- A visionary: Visualisation, and in particular how to define a visual language and understand its implications for execution including digital, experimental and various other campaign assets.
- See something out of nothing: Conceptual design and developing what a campaign looks like is what you do. You don't follow the rules set, you make them.
- Break new ground: Proactively show an interest with other projects and business objectives in the department, and autonomously identify opportunities for the brand.
- Stay on top of trends: Visually and technically stay up to date with platform developments and best practices. You will be expected to know the best tools, and methodologies to execute high quality output.
- Understand implications: Others will be adapting and executing on the work you set, so you must be able to show an understanding of translating multi-channel briefs to consumercentric experiences - UX, UI ecom, app, social, banner, title layouts for motion etc.
- Make the rules: Development of digital design templates and toolkits. We're looking to be industry leaders not followers. This role is to elevate our design execution and application to the next level.
- Inspire: Aid the wider creative and marketing teams in the understanding and production of cutting-edge campaign design. You will be working from a blank sheet, no idea is off limits, how you go about it is up to you.
- You've been waiting your career for the opportunity to blend your passion for sports and design.
- Have a best in class design application.
- Can demonstrate high quality campaign/key visuals based on others' direction and thinking.
- You must be passionate about keeping up-to-date in design innovation, changes and trends concerning the visual landscape and isn't afraid to share this knowledge with the wider team.
- You should be responsible for your own work and have a passion for driving your vision forward.
- Naturally creative and imaginative with a strong eye for detail.
- A keen eye for premium, luxurious brand experiences across all digital channels.
- Experience working closely and effectively with developers and creatives in turning designs into well-crafted digital experiences.
- A keen interest in the future of interactive media, particularly digital technologies, as well as commercial trends and innovations (e.g. special effects, photography, film, sound, animation, etc.)
- Flexible and willing to adapt design ideas to meet technical criteria.
- Understanding of what appeals to different target audiences.
- A team player and communicator who thrives working alongside colleagues and external consultants across a wide range of briefs.
You will need 5+ years' experience working as a Visual/Conceptual Designer. You will need to show commitment and determination to help our brand develop and stand out on all brand platforms. As well, you must be proficient in using editing software such as FCP, graphic design software and hardware.
- A brilliant all-round design portfolio.
- You are expected to demonstrate application of creative thinking into visual campaign application.
- Art direction experience would be a plus.
- Understanding of web accessibility and its impact on design.
- Ability to weave in a high degree of interactivity into creative concepts to maximize the user experience.
- A master of industry-standard graphics and multimedia software packages.
- Experience in various platform deliveries, from social, digi screens, print and more.
- An expert in Creative Suite including Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, XD.
- After Effects and HTML5 understanding would be favourable.
If this is the sort of career opportunity you're looking for, please apply with a cover letter, CV and portfolio to the email below. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
E: (please put the job title you're applying for in the subject line)