Cost Accounting Manager
Posted on Aug 21, 2021 by Humanics, LLC
Our client, UNIQUE Paving Materials Corp. is searching for a Cost Accounting Manager to join its team of knowledgeable, successful professionals in the paving materials industry.
The Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining all product pricing and costing to meet company margin objectives. This position supervises Accounts Payable, ensuring positive cash flow while maintaining positive vendor relations. The Cost Accounting Manager also ensures payroll is processed accurately and timely; monitors internal controls of the company; performs analysis projects; and maintains strong relationships with vendors, customers, outside accountants, sales force, department managers, and executive management.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Monitors all production and product costing, reviews significant variances, and takes necessary corrective action.
- Provides product pricing and margin guidance to executive management.
- Monitors all capital expenditures against budgets; investigates and assesses all budget variances.
- Monitors compliance with company policies, procedures, and programs. Notifies executive management of areas needing attention.
- Audits Bills of Material. Manages the MSRP process and maintains defined standards of profitability.
- Prepares and submits a variety of accounting reports per schedule. Assists with month-end financial closing and participates in the review of financial statements.
- Maintains federal and state income tax calendar; coordinates with outside accountants to ensure taxes are paid in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains commission and incentive programs for sales force.
- Associates degree in Accounting or related field, plus 3 years related work experience.
Prior supervisory experience preferred. Will consider a combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal controls.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level analytical skills, ability to monitor results and make recommendations.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Strong spreadsheet, presentation and database skills.
- Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines. Well organized with a strong attention to detail.
UNIQUE Paving Materials Corp. is the industry leader in high-performance asphalt roadway repair material with customers in the private, commercial and public sectors, in both national and international markets.
This well-established company provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, life, short-term disability, vision discounts, 401(k) plan, FSA and voluntary dental.
Equal Opportunity Employer