PCB Layout Engineer
Posted on Aug 21, 2021 by Genesis Techincal Systems Ltd
PCB Layout Engineer
Genesis Technical Systems provides technology solutions for delivering superfast broadband further, over existing carrier networks.
We enable companies to seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you improve connections and revolutionize the way in which services are delivered.
The outcome of what we do leads to enriching the lives of millions. We are changing the way in which technology works as we transform the way broadband is delivered. For more information visit the website .
The Engineering department is responsible for the research and development of Genesis products from inception through to development and testing and through to validation and completion including the development of all documentation and implementation guidelines. Currently we are offering an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our talented Engineering team, based in Coventry, as a PCB Layout Engineer on a salary to be discussed depending on your experience. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Main responsibilities of the post
- To assist and develop the hardware platform for Genesis products
Required skills and experience
- Educated to Degree Level or proven relevant industry experience
- A comprehensive understanding of the design processes and practices for PCB layout.
- Knowledge of layout of multi-layer boards.
- Knowledge of layout for DFM and DFT
- Knowledge of layout incorporating technologies which include, DDR3, DDR4, 0.8mm FPGA packages, switched mode power supplies.
- A comprehensive understanding of high-speed layout, including signal integrity, board stack up, impedance control.
- Liaise with PCB board manufacturers and PCB Assembly contractors.
- Ability to interact with other Engineering disciplines.
Desired Skills or experience
- Knowledge of Altium for PCB layout
- Knowledge of Mechanical CAD tools
- Attention to detail, able to read and interpret complex written information
- Analytical mind to solve complex problems.
- Self-motivated with a proactive and results driven approach
- Able to give and receive feedback in constructive manner
- Can put the success of the team above your own interests
- Good communication skills across all media
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Proficient in English language, both written and oral
Benefits of working for Genesis
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. We have a strong belief in work-life balance, although at times that can be a challenge! Getting new products to market is hard work, it requires focus and dedication and it is hugely exciting when we succeed. We will help you to do great things and do them well.
There is an opportunity, if desired, to grow and expand into other areas of the business such as Mechanical design, Hardware Design, EMC, training will be provided. We will support your growth and are able to offer you opportunities for personal development by providing a stimulating environment that fosters innovation and creativity, as well as team work and inclusiveness.
We need people who
- have a passion for change
- have a drive for making a difference
- enjoy problem solving
- want to challenge the norms
- want to be part of the future of telecommunications
- want to find new frontiers and break boundaries
Amongst other benefits we offer:
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Share options
- Free car parking
To keep secure we have installed hand santizer units throughout the office in the office and encourage social distancing in the office.