Data Scientist (Must have public sector experience)
Posted on Aug 21, 2021 by J & C Associates Ltd
We are IT Recruitment Specialists partnered with a prestigious Global Consultancy who require a Data Scientist for one of their Public Sector Clients.
- IR35 - This role is Inside of IR35
- Security Clearance: BPSS (Active or eligible)
- Contract based role
- Experience of Project Leadership.
- Data engineering and manipulation.
- Data science innovation.
- Developing data science capability.
- Domain expertise.
- Programming and build (data science).
- Testing - You can plan, design, manage, execute and report tests, using appropriate tools and techniques, and work within regulations
- Problem resolution - You know how to log, analyse and manage problems in order to identify and implement the appropriate solution. You can ensure that the problem is fixed
- Understanding analysis across the product life cycle (data science). You understand the different phases of product delivery and can plan and run the analysis for these. You can contribute to decision-making throughout the product life cycle. You know how to work in collaboration with user researchers, developers and staff in other roles throughout the product life cycle. You understand the value of analysis, how to contribute with impact and what data sources, analytical techniques and tools can be used at each point throughout the product life cycle.
- Experience leading and delivering Data Science analyses and projects
- Ability to mentor data scientists in best practice
- Ability to work at pace to deadlines across multiple projects
- Ability to effectively communicate the results of analysis to senior stakeholders and decision makers
- Strong understanding and experience in applying statistics and data science techniques to real world problems
- Strong experience with Python, SQL, Spark, AWS and/or R for Data Science including the core scientific Python stack (pandas, numpy, matplotlib etc) and/or R stack (ggplot2, tidyverse etc)
- Experience cleaning data for machine learning projects
- Ability to write functions and understandable Object Orientated code
- Understanding of software best practice, including confident use of version control using platforms such as Github
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve numerical and technical problems
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills evidenced through verbal and written means to a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience with publishing data sets for visualisation and analysis
- Experience with supporting design of data models/data flows
- Experienced working in Agile teams
- Ability to work as part of a team to develop and deliver end-to-end analytical and visualisation solutions
- Works effectively and proactively with wider BI/IT teams internally and externally to support the delivery of fast paced projects
- Ability to apply appropriate prioritisation and good time management skills to deliver work to standard and deadline
- Excellent communication skills that promote an effective and collaborative team-working environment
- Analytical skill set with an ability to understand data and analysis requirements and support the development of data solutions
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to work effectively in a team and independently