Posted on Aug 21, 2021 by Melbury Search
Operating for more than ten years, our client achieves significant energy, cost & carbon savings for clients, as a Total Energy Management provider. As one part of a wide range of technical services, they ensure continuity of savings through a dedicated in-house Energy Bureau & BMS maintenance facility. Reporting to the Bureau Manager, the role of Utilities Analyst accurately checks utilities (elec, gas, water) invoices for clients and works with their finance teams to facilitate timely payment.
- Receipt of supplier invoices from all sources, and process them through to validation
- Ensure utilities invoices match our client's contractual requirements
- Liaise with utilities suppliers to fix invoicing errors
- Create output reports for clients instructing which invoices should be paid
- Ensure clients are invoiced promptly according to the Supplier's schedule
- Take appropriate action where chase letters / debt action letters are received. Mediate where required
- Respond to Clients professionally and timely where queries are raised.
- Utilise all software that has been implemented in respect of the bill validation process. This includes, but is not restricted to, Systemslink (energy management software) and Sage CRM.
- All appropriate ad hoc administration duties required in the BV process
- Nurture customer and supplier relationships maintaining revenue streams, providing regular updates to Clients ensuring excellent customer service
- Attend regular departmental meetings as and when requested
- Engage in supporting cross functionality activity with all Departments
Skills and Abilities:
- High level of motivation and ability to work on own initiative
- Organised with a pro-active approach
- Excellent time-keeping skills
- Excellent IT skills with working knowledge of all Microsoft Packages (good knowledge of MS Excel essential)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and able to develop excellent customer/supplier working relationships
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- A self-starter and strong team-player, flexible and able to work effectively without close supervision
- Capable utilising complex problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain integrity and work with confidential information.