Posted on Aug 21, 2021 by CHM Recruit
Machinery Operator - Moira
Location: Moira, Co Down
Salary: £11.70 - £13.07 Per Hour
Benefits: Pension, Annual Leave, Life Assurance
This charity's Countryside Land Management Services ( Northern Ireland) is expanding their large-scale habitat management work. As a Machinery Operator, you will be working to help nature right across Northern Ireland. Not only will you be working on this charity's amazing reserves and focus areas, such as Portmore Lough, Belfast WOW, Lough Beg, and Antrim Hills, but also for partner organisations and private landowners. The work will be challenging but very rewarding as you help protect and rebuild our precious wetlands, peatlands, woodlands and grasslands.
What's the role about
You will be working for the UK's largest conservation charity, working and delivering habitat management at a local level. This is an opportunity to develop your career, with training opportunities provided, with flexible hours. You will play a key role in ensuring the requirements of existing contracts are met, as well as developing the work of the Conservation Land Management Service across all Northern Ireland. You will be operating a variety of CLMS specialist machinery, ensuring it is all kept in the best possible condition.
- Ensuring all machinery is kept in the best possible condition
- Organising regular machinery servicing and carrying out maintenance as per manufacturer's recommendations.
- Transporting & assisting to organise the transport of machinery to and from sites.
- Habitat management to ensure conservation targets are being met.
- Maintenance of machinery to ensure they are operating safely and efficiently, in accordance with manufacturer recommendations.
- Maintaining high standards of health and safety to minimise risk to this charity and to ensure understanding and compliance of health and safety while undertaking duties.
- General administration, record keeping and report writing associated with all of the above to ensure admin and reports are up to date and systematically organised.
Key Contacts Internal
- Working as part of the Countryside Land Management Team.
- Working with other team members to deliver habitat management across the organisation's Reserves and priority areas.
- External Customers - to ensure work is carried out to their desired specifications, seeking additional work projects and promoting CLMS and the employer.
Key Contacts External
- Contractors - to liaise with any other contractors working on site.
- Work Parties - to develop, organise and facilitate the delivery of the project.
What they need from you:
You will need a good work ethic and be a team player in a leading team. As a charity, every penny they spend needs to maximise the outcome for nature so you must be solution focused and adaptable to ever changing situations. The skills you have and the qualities you bring are more important to them than the list of people you have worked for. You will come to them experienced, with exceptional machinery operating skills and an in-depth understanding of machinery maintenance.
Everything you do will be in harmony with this organisation's values and ambitions, putting wildlife conservation at the core of their work and the minds of its supporters.
- Maintenance and use of machinery, tools and equipment.
- Habitat management.
- Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Problem solving and coming up with well thought through practical solutions.
- Working unsupervised for extended periods.
- Manage oneself and others to prioritise and work to an agreed plan.
- Practical land management experience.
- Operating and maintaining machinery, equipment and infrastructure.
- Customer care.
Desirable Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Lantra or equivalent qualifications in ATV, tractor driving, brushcutter, pesticides (PA1 and PA2).
- Knowledge of the requirements of local agri-environment schemes and cross-compliance regulations.
- Nature conservation knowledge and awareness of issues.
- Implementing and updating of health and safety records and assessments.
If you have experience operating agricultural machinery and want to make a real difference for the future, this charity would love to hear from you.
Closing date: 23:59, 05 September 2021
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions.
No agencies please.