Enterprise Data Architect (DUTCH SPEAKING)
Posted on Aug 21, 2021 by TALENT - IT
Description of Services
The company is moving towards Data-centricity, ie Data becomes a masterpiece in its strategy execution. At the Data Office team, within the corporate Digital & Data department, we aim at facilitating and driving the entire organization to leverage data as an enabler to achieve its targets (strategic ambitions, innovation or transformation themes, objectives and regulatory compliance). Our mission consists in facilitating and driving the entire organization to leverage data as an enabler to achieve its targets:
- Creating business value through data
- Think Data intuitively
- Unlock transversal data fit for purpose
One of the strategic pillars of the Data Office is to Lead Enterprise Data Architecture. Together with subject matter experts, Solutions Architects and Systems Architects, we design solid foundations for the Data Backbone that serves the Business. The Data Backbone consists out of
- a cutting-edge Integration Platform,
- Business Intelligence & Analytics (incl. Data Lake) capabilities,
- a Master Data Management platform,
- a Data Governance platform that encompasses Data Lineage and Data Quality.
The Data Office never stands still. It does not accept status-quo. Accordingly, it challenges itself and the organization continuously. The Data Office is moving rocks to improve Data Management delivering performance. Every quarter, we define together Objectives we want to reach, with measurable Key Results. It drives our focus and pushes us to go for the extra mile while delivering measurable results.
The Data Office breathes respect, open-mind, dare, challenge, innovation and one team for the Customer.
The Data Office (corporate) is looking for an entrepreneurial Enterprise Data Architect who will primarily work on Data Initiatives at the company. It is an opportunity to mark your signature in the corporate Data Management by
- influencing and delivering the Data Office strategy,
- designing and establishing Enterprise Architecture Blueprints,
- validating each blueprint by actively participating in challenging projects and programs,
- generating business value.
Enterprise Data Architect
The service includes the following topics:
- You influence and deliver the Data Office strategy at a Corporate level.
- You work with a Business Purpose, while breathing Data, Organization & People, Processes, and Technology.
- You understand and analyze the Business needs.
- You define and optimize Business Domains, Application Domains and Data Domains for maximum loosely-coupled interactions.
- You provide exceptional Enterprise Architecture design and thought leadership.
- You manage expectations from, and intensely collaborate and align with, multi-disciplinary stakeholders, departments, project teams, partners and external vendors. Accordingly, you definitely will not act from an Ivory Tower.
- You excel at bringing people with various backgrounds together to converge towards an adopted solution that resolves the most complex problems, while bringing Business Value. You are the ambassador of One Team for the Customer.
- Together with the Data Community, Business and IT, you continuously evaluate and improve the blueprints based on real-live experiences within projects and programs.
- You extend the corporate Transversal Data Model (TDM) & Canonical Data Model (CDM) that reflects the Enterprise common and universal language about Data and resides in Data Integration vehicles.
- Through articles, the Data Office Playbook, (use case) stories, illustrations, analogies, presentations and workshops, you write and share the Data Office documentation, best practices, lessons learned and knowledge, so others can benefit from our experiences.
- You educate and coach the Enterprise to adopt the Data Office methodology and Enterprise Data Architecture.
- You drive and implement Proof of Concepts that contribute to evaluating and validating the most suitable option for the Enterprise Data Architecture Blueprint.
- You contribute in establishing and improving the operating models and Data Governance.
As a candidate for this mission, you can demonstrate proven experience with similar projects, missions or employments, with skills that encompass:
- 10+ years designing Solutions and Blueprints as a cross-domain Enterprise Architect
- 8+ years designing Data Integrations within the Enterprise and with external parties, bridging Cloud and on-premise systems
- 7+ years establishing best practices, methodologies, frameworks, principles, policies and processes
- 4+ years defining Business Domains, Data Domains and/or Application Domains
- 4+ years designing Data Models
- Some experience designing Master Data Management solutions
- Some experience implementing Big Data and Data Lake (optional)
- 3+ years delivering outstanding functional designs
- 3+ years developing data-focused products (optional)
- 4+ years designing fault-tolerant solutions
- Master degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics
As a candidate for this mission, you can demonstrate non-technical skills:
Evangelist of new technologies
Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues correctly and clearly to both internal and external audience.
- Maintain a high level of attention to details
- Ability to work independently, adjust priorities, cope with stress and work in a continuously changing environment
Analytical approach to problem-solving and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
Team player breathing respect, open-mind, dare, challenge, innovation and one team for the Customer
- Product-oriented mindset
- Excellent MS PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Language skills: fluent in Dutch or French AND fluent in English
Please include references to proven experience with similar roles and responsibilities in your offer.
Location and Timing
The workplace is Brussels, with occasional trips to Berlin, provided the COVID-19 pandemic situation allows it. Else, remote work is mandatory.
Start of mission: 30/8/2021