Posted on Aug 20, 2021 by Edissero Ltd
Are you looking for a role where you can put your stamp on the documentation? Would you enjoy being a sole technical author and having control over documentation projects? Are you an experienced technical author with experience of creating a range of hardware, software and maintenance procedures? Would you enjoy working in a place where you can see first-hand what it is you're documenting? Then look no further as this could be the role for you!
Working within the engineering department as the sole technical author for the business, you will be responsible for producing, editing and updating a mixture of hardware and software documentation for a range of CNC machines and associated ancillary equipment and tooling. You'll also be tasked with continuously developing and improving the documentation and the processes behind it.
- Solid experience writing hardware and software documentation, and ideally an engineering/manufacturing background.
- An enthusiastic, experienced, self-sufficient technical author who understands what's needed to make consistently good quality documentation.
- Technical illustration experience.
- The ability to work well as part of a team and develop strong relationships with other team members is critical in this collaborative role.
- A confident, curious, self-starter with very good people skills.
- Experience using the following software would be useful: Vector Drawing/Photo Manipulation Software, Autodesk Inventor or other CAD package.
This role offers an excellent salary and benefits package alongside a hybrid working model. The office is easily accessible by car or public transport.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£22k - £30k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£21 - £29 Hourly
£35 - £43 Hourly
£30 - £40 Annual