Semiconductor Project Manager
Posted on Aug 20, 2021 by Consol Partners
Semiconductor Project Manager
Initial 12 month contract + extensions after this (can also be a permanent contract after)
Our client is a world-class company in semiconductor development and in-house production. We form a global network of talent, with passion and performance, perseverance and professionalism. Join and become part of a leading company that supports, rewards and challenges you equally, in a dynamic environment, working for world-class results. Talk to us today and learn your true capabilities in an energetic company where you will develop and thrive.
About the role:
The Project Manager is accountable to achieve defined project results. Accountable for execution of assigned R&D projects according to the project plan and within agreed boundaries (including specification, quality, timing, costs, information/reporting and organization).
- Manage the project and the project team, from PCA to project close.
- Accountable to define the project plan and timeline in consultation and agreement with all relevant management levels and stakeholder, including external groups (RQC, Package R&D, external manufacturing).
- Accountable to prepare and execute regular project reporting and stakeholder management (including pre-gate alignments and/or escalations).
- Accountable to define competencies and resource needed. Takes team leadership, build up a performing project team incl. operational guidance and conflict management. Challenge team members to meet committed project deliverables. Identify gaps in skills and performance of the team during the project.
- Documents the agreed project plan, deliverables and risks in CCOPP and FMEA.
- Accountable for gate and milestone documentation according to the checklist.
- Initiates and chairs core team meetings, including gate review meetings and milestone meetings with the core team.
- Tracks and manages project progress, securing timely execution of tasks, appropriate actions and deliverables according planning.
- Performs project risks assessment and ensures that risks are identified and managed (FMEA). Creates a risk management and mitigation plan. Anticipates on potential bottlenecks and risks.
- Manages problems and changes during project (PR/CR) and execute change management process.
- Accountable that relevant quality standards for own projects are defined and met, accountable for the quality and completeness of the project deliverables according to plan.
- Provide input about performance of team members towards the resource managers.
- Initiate and contribute to quality improvement activities related to business processes and procedures.
- Experience in Semiconductor industry
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering
- Knowledge in state-of-the-art project management tools and their application
- Knowledge of semiconductor processes and packages
- Leadership skills in building and leading project teams in a global, intercultural environment - "exemplified engagement".
- Delivering on commitment (PTS) - always demonstrating full accountability for project deliverables, "removing obstacles"
- Demonstrating "customer obsession" by actively looking for opportunities to reduce TTM
- Demonstrating "owners mindset", critical judgement and the ability to build 'winning teams'
- Very good communication and negotiation skills incl. stakeholder management up to EMT level