Posted on Aug 20, 2021 by CHM Recruit
This Wildlife Trust is the county's largest environmental charity, working for the protection and enhancement of Norfolk's wildlife and wild places.
Based: Cley Marshes
Salary: £24,500 to £26,500 per annum depending on relevant experience
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
This full time, permanent post is a unique opportunity to will take a lead on delivering this Charitable Trust's work to inspire visitors to Cley Marshes to learn about and understand the value of Norfolk's exceptional coastline, wildlife and both terrestrial and marine habitats. The post-holder will develop and deliver the charity's engagement programme at the Simon Aspinall Wildlife Education Centre, which opened in 2015. This centre has enabled this charity to significantly broaden and expand their educational and engagement activities at Cley.
The successful applicant will continue to develop learning and activities programmes and build contacts with local community groups, schools and higher education centres. They will lead on creating a comprehensive events and exhibitions programme engaging diverse adult and family audiences through walks, talks, music, performing arts, literature, commission work and exhibitions. They seek through these programmes, whether for general visitors, schools, adults, families, or the local community to:
- Inspire people to explore the natural world
- Provide hands-on experience of nature
- Encourage a positive and caring relationship with Norfolk's wildlife
- Help people understand the need for conservation management and its importance
- Promote this charity's vision for Living Landscapes and Living Seas.
Staff benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days (increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 30 days) per annum plus bank holidays.
- Employer's pension contribution amounting to 8% of the monthly gross salary, with a minimum Employee's contribution of 2%.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Working in a special environment overlooking our inspiring nature reserve.
Closing date: 12.00pm on 6th September 2021
Interviews will be held on 10th September 2021.
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions.
No agencies please.