Inside Sales Representative (Entry Level)
Posted on Aug 20, 2021 by Samuel, Son & Co.
If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking an Inside Sales Representative to join our team in Alpharetta, GA. We are looking for a recent college graduate who is looking to build a career in sales. No prior metal sales experience needed - all we ask is for someone willing to learn and grow their career!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits after 30 days
- 401K Plan with a company match of 5%
- Opportunity for stability and career growth
As our Inside Sales Representative, you will be responsible for assisting with pricing for quotes and arranging orders based on customer requests in a timely manner while developing good relationships with both suppliers and customers.
- Develop product and operational knowledge of Samuel, Son & Co., Limited.
- Train with our sales team and attend all job-related training sessions.
- Develop knowledge of all applicable Samuel facilities.
- Provide back-up coverage for the other Inside Sales Representatives.
- Maintain ongoing contact with customers and promote exemplary customer service.
- Work with our Business Development and Purchasing Groups to get best options and pricing for material.
- Enter and track all open orders.
- Develop a strong understanding of metal grades.
- Develop an understanding of the costing / quoting breakdown.
- Stay current on market activity and trends to optimize profitability through market opportunities.
- Build trust and relationships with new and existing customers.
- Research and develop new leads.
- Work with the sales team to build optimal setups to reduce costs.
- Work with our Branch Buyer to locate material on the spot market to satisfy immediate customer requirements and opportunities.
- Manage account activity and status.
- Work with various departments to ensure timely execution and delivery.
- Generate quotations and supply product information to satisfy customer needs in a timely manner.
- Provide solutions to customer inquiries.
- Develop strong relationships internally and externally.
- Initiate a sales career development plan.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Marketing & Sales or Business Administration.
- Desire to learn.
- High energy and initiative.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work under time constraints and adapt to change.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer