FINANCE MANAGER (Full-Time)
Posted on Aug 20, 2021 by West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET)
WVNET is seeking to hire a new FINANCE MANAGER. As Finance Manager, you will work with the Chief Financial Officer on all financial aspects of the organization including fiscal budget, financial planning, financial reporting, internal controls, analysis of the organization's financial position, and budget development and status. In the CFO's absence, you will oversee and manage the operations of the Business Office and Purchasing Division.
West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET) is a dynamic service organization providing telecommunications and computing services within West Virginia. Focused primarily on supporting state colleges and universities, WVNET also provides services to state government offices, K-12 schools, public libraries and county governments. As a centralized state resource, WVNET reacts to customer needs in providing efficient and cost-effective deployment of technology, training and support.
WVNET values excellence, leadership, partnerships, quality of service, a focus on customer needs, expertise in technology futures and deployment, communications with member organizations, professional development, change and change management, and flexibility in both service offerings and governance to meet its mission.
Work Location: Morgantown, WV, 26505 (Required)
Classification: Salary, Non-Classified, Full-Time Benefits, FLSA Exempt
Salary: Starting annual salary range is $60,000 - $70,000 and is commensurate with experience. Additionally, WVNET offers an excellent state government benefits package, including comprehensive health insurance coverage, retirement investing, and life insurance plans as well as generous amounts of vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Required - Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Required - Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Preferred - Master of Business Administration
- Required - Five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in financial management
- Preferred - Financial management experience in Higher Education
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Financial Management: Assist CFO by managing finances and budgets for WVNET including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, contracts, service agreements, cash management, and purchasing. Review and monitor the WVNET operating budget. Provide sound business recommendations to CFO and Director on budget adjustments. Be familiar with and comfortable using both wvOASIS and Banner financial systems. Advise CFO and Director of necessary or critical issues of budget and spending. Participate in negotiations of contracts for major purchases as needed. Assist the CFO on financial issues with the State Budget Office, the West Virginia State Auditor's Office, the West Virginia Treasurer's Office, the Higher Education Policy Commission, and the Colleges and Universities. Monitor internal controls and procedures to ensure compliance with GASB and GAAP.
Financial Reporting: Develop reports required by the Board of Risk and Insurance Management and other agencies. Prepare annual financial statements and monthly close outs for review by CFO and Director. Prepare ad hoc reports for the Director. Prepare the fiscal budget and State Expenditure Schedule, including personnel services, for submission to the West Virginia Department of Revenue and the West Virginia State Budget Office. Prepare GASB and GAAP reports and related information to the Department of Revenue and State Budget Office.
Budget Analysis and Strategic Planning: Analyze budget data to develop budget forecasts. Develop tools to explore future and expected cash flow. Develop budget forecasts for various operational scenarios and provide sound recommendations. Assist the CFO with questions posed by the Commissioners during HEPC financial working sessions. Assist the CFO is developing the annual budget proposal for the Director's approval and submission to the Higher Education Policy Commissioners.
Personnel Management and Supervision: In the CFO's absence, supervise the WVNET payroll, purchasing, accounts payable and accounts receivable function. Provide orientation and training to new personnel as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities (KSAs)
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as promulgated by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB)
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal regulations, and fund accounting practices and procedures.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and apply pertinent codes, laws, rules, and regulations to professional accounting work, budget analysis work, fiscal solvency, and financial transactions.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and revise accounting systems, program budgets, and appropriate internal fiscal controls.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, analytical thinking skills, and financial analysis skills.
- Experience planning, organizing, and prioritizing work assignments.
- Ability to identify problem areas or situations, evaluate problem causes and take appropriate action to resolve identified problems.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel spreadsheets.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled
The West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. WVNET provides a collegial, respectful and inclusive environment that values the diversity, creativity and contributions of its staff.