Posted on Aug 19, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for an Infrastructure Architect. The role I revolved around platform infrastructure that support the multiple application stacks that run the business. They are looking for someone who came up technically and has advanced into architecture. They need to be an expert with virtualization architecture using technologies such as Microsoft Hyper-V, Vmware ESX, and Red hat virtualization. They also are looking for someone with containerization experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, and Azure Kubernetes Solutions. Also automation Scripting skills is key with Power-Shell, Ansible, and Puppet.
- The Infrastructure Architect establishes and maintains enterprise level architecture through the stages of planning, design and execution of all new platform buildouts. They are responsible for setting our strategic direction and future roadmap in the server and systems space.
- Works closely with multiple internal teams and third-party vendors to plan, design and execute projects that support our application strategies.
- Provides expert consultation to inform strategic technology and system decisions as well as tactical decisions related to projects.
- Listening, drawing out key concepts and articulating advanced technical and non-technical concepts with ease (both written and oral formats) to customers, peers and management at several levels and across the organization with minimal oversight.
- Proceeds from concept, to design, to leading the implementation of complex, medium to large scale projects.
- Ability to solicit input from internal and external sources, including the ability to investigate and incorporate best practices from other corporations, experience and sound judgment.
- Shares best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions
Qualifications & Requirements
- BS in Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years general technology experience, Law firm experience a plus
- 6+ years high level server/platform infrastructure design
- Knowledge of multiple hardware platforms including Cisco UCS, Nutanix, Netapp and Nimble storage systems.
- Expertise in virtualization architecture using technologies such as Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESX, Red Hat Virtualization.
- Experience with containerization solutions and orchestration platforms, both on-premise and cloud based. Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Strong knowledge of templating and automation Scripting such as Power-Shell, Ansible, and Puppet
- Experience with building and maintaining high-availability (>99%) environments
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server technologies
- Experience working with Azure PaaS and IaaS
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) as necessary
Certificates, Licensures, Registrations
- Technical certifications (eg, Microsoft MCSA/MCSE; Red Hat RHCA/RHCE.) a plus.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$130k - $135k Annual
$160k - $180k Annual
$180k - $250k Annual
$190k - $210k Annual
$160k - $200k Annual