Business Analyst - Legal Software
Posted on Aug 19, 2021 by Access Group
Access is seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join our dynamic Legal Product Management team. You will play a vital role working within our Legal division as the business sponsor for all functional development projects for your product.
You will build products from existing ideas and develop new ideas based on your industry experience, research and constant external contact with customers, prospects and those shaping the sector. In addition, you will also ensure that the strategy is fulfilled with practical go-to-market planning and engagement.
You are an experienced Business Analyst who has a passion for product, a well-rounded knowledge of agile developments and an ability to communicate requirements and make decisions. Playing a key role in our dynamic Product Development team with support from our product function and reporting to the Senior Business Analyst, you will play a vital role in executing the product roadmap and delivering exciting and engaging solutions for our customers. You are a team player who can support others and be able to take on support when offered and thrive on working in an agile environment.
• Be the representative within the Agile Development Team for the Product Manager.
• Gather the requirements from the Product Manager and other Stakeholders and own their conversion into stories and supporting documents.
• Fulfilling the Agile Product Owner role:
oClearly identify and describe product backlog items building a shared understanding of the problem and solution with the development team.
oMake decisions regarding the priority of product backlog items in order to deliver maximum outcome with minimum output.
oDetermine whether a product backlog item was satisfactorily delivered.
oAssess and triage reported bugs and support cases and assist with their resolution.
• Contribute to product launch and Go to Market collateral.
• Developing and maintaining a sound understanding of customers' business processes and requirements, becoming an expert in these areas.
As a well-rounded Business Analyst, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Flexible and pragmatic, able to respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines by using effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication, influencing, negotiation and collaboration skills.
• Demonstrate sound judgement and be able to make decisions independently whilst recognising when to escalate for more senior approval.
• Proactive and goal orientated with a strong delivery/milestone focus.
• Identify issues early and prioritise appropriately.
• Well organised and self-motivated with a strong commitment to quality.
• Able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly.
• Attention to detail and consistent application of standards.
• Ability to take on the user perspective and to reflect this within the stories.
• Ability to interpret a high-level specification into user stories.
• Thorough knowledge of agile development methods, processes and best practices.
What does Access offer you?
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain