Senior Platform/DevOps Engineer - Terraform
Posted on Aug 19, 2021 by Consultia Ltd
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Senior Platform/DevOps Engineer to join an E-commerce company based in London - WC1 (on a hybrid basis). The company works with major global brands such as ASOS, Burberry, Boohoo and eBay.
This is a great opportunity for a Platform/DevOps Engineer with strong Terraform experience to join an amazing team and work on a hybrid basis, working from home 3 days a week and 2 days of their choice in the office.
- Contributing to the design, build and operational management of a highly scalable, secure and available infrastructure that enable the SaaS platform to operate 24x7
- Ensuring that the infrastructure platforms are secure and can scale to support rapid growth in transaction volumes during periods of peak business. Limit or eliminate exposure to single points of failure
- Designing and building infrastructure platforms
- Creating tools and automated workflow capabilities to enable our software engineers to test and promote code across the different environments
- Collaborating with software engineering teams throughout the software development life cycle and promoting an operational mindset
- Constantly improving the platform by introducing new technologies where appropriate, driving efficiency and reducing technical debt
- Work with engineering and architecture teams on solution design, capacity planning and performance
- Promote and implement systems infrastructure and operational best practices
- Championing cloud native design and ensuring our cloud environment is highly available, resilient and cost efficient.
Key skills experience requires:-
- Strong experience with Terraform
- Experience with a variety of services in AWS in production
- Excellent hands on Linux skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience working an Agile environment