IT Sourcing Strategy Manager
Posted on Aug 19, 2021 by Base 3
This role is inside IR35 for UK applicants!
- Advise/support the IT leadership in developing/refining IT Sourcing Strategy & roll out
- Ensure the multi-hat role of IT Sourcing Strategy team is rightly balanced for the advisory, support & control activities.
- Ensure that the proposed solutions for the different stakeholders are fit for purpose, coherent, efficient and cost effective
- Ensure the IT sourcing & partner management maturity journey is progressing to the next level
- monitor key outsourced projects, by working with the IT and non-IT stakeholders (such as Compliance, Legal, Risk Management & Supply Chain) across the company & the partners
- create opportunities for open and constructive dialogue to ensure the services delivered by the partners across domains, technologies & divisions are fit-for-purpose, of good quality, bring in value for money, and of low/calculated risk.
- drive vendor first line risk management, regulatory compliance & control assurance activities, owned by IT business owner.
- Proactively identify market orientation where the organisation operates and takes them into account
Your Profile/Skills/ You know how to:
- deliver according to agreed timescales, meeting budget, quality and value delivery criteria with a consulting mindset.
- inspire and engage, creating an open culture, leading by example. Build and maintain business relationships with people across different divisions inside and outside of the company
- communicate with technical project teams
- manage and lead a team
- run risks assessments
- create, negotiate and manage relationships with global vendors and incorporating multiple delivery/projects experience
- examine matters from a distance and putting them in a broader context and time perspective.
- think transversally beyond own field of expertise and be aware and understand important developments, trends and potential future demands
- share a common purpose and direction in the organisation and among colleagues
- project management experience
- experience in working with global delivery models
- cause and effect thinking to identify risk and opportunity areas
- constructive challenger & make things happen mind-set
- ability to adapt, pragmatic, cultural openness and capacity to keep things simple.
- good experience in working/managing a multi-stakeholder environment
- excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- strong influencing and stake-holder management skills
- flexible attitude and ability to perform in an interesting & demanding environment
- excellent diplomacy and negotiation skills
- good understanding of banking activities and services
- are committed to continuous process improvement
- function well in a rapidly changing environment, reassessing priorities when required
- are autonomous and self-organised
- are proactive to find solutions to problems that occur
- are trustworthy and know how to deal with sensitive information