BEMS Project Engineer
Posted on Aug 19, 2021 by Igloo3
BEMS Project Engineer - West Midlands, UK. Salary up to 55,000 + bonus + car/cash allowance + benefits
This is an exciting opportunity with a leading distributed energy and private networks business who develop, finance, own, operate and maintain distributed energy infrastructure, on the grid and also for commercial and industrial customers.
The company design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise Building Energy Management Systems as well as developing Energy Control solutions for smart places - Cities, Campuses and Industrial buildings.
We're seeking a driven and technically confident individual to engineer and deliver some exciting projects.
You'll be scheduling, planning, forecasting and managing all technical activities from project conception to completion.
You'll utilise your self-motivation and hunger for success to deliver excellent results in your business area. If this sounds appealing, then read on.
* Performing job start up, checkout, and troubleshooting for systems and service installed jobs
* Providing guidance to contractors at the assigned level of responsibility
* Performing all tasks under the supervision of the Contracts Manager/Projects Business Manager or other assigned senior engineer
* Providing full financial statistics on all projects assigned to you
* Understanding and be aware of contract conditions and requirements
* Planning, coordinating and supervising all project labour requirements
* Obtaining customer written approvals
* Ensuring files are maintained in accordance with the Quality procedures and ensure that any corrective action required is implemented
* Liaising effectively with the commissioning manager to ensure timely and effective execution of commissioning activities
* Obtaining, generate and agree programme of works
* Monitoring and record project progress and deliveries in accordance with the project programme
* Preparing content and quality of the required descriptions, drawings and schedules
* Ensuring all project hardware is correctly implemented and installed as specified or required
* You'll be working in an ever-changing environment and as such will be adaptable and flexible in your approach. Excellent communication skills and report writing are essential to maintain strong relationships with all team member and customers.
* You'll have extensive experience operating as either a Project Manager or Project Engineer within the BMS & Controls industries with technical understanding of Siemens and Trend systems.
* You'll have demonstratable and verifiable experience of commercial management in the industries outlined above and be able to work alongside management team.
* You'll have experience of managing and motivating people, setting objectives and inspiring others to achieve success.
* You'll have a proven track record of successful project management, delivering against objectives and to budget. An ability to think laterally and creatively to develop innovative solutions to challenges and You'll be resilient and motivated to achieve and will possess excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise your workload and multiple projects at any one time.
* Experience in a BEMS/BMS Commissioning Engineer role is desirable or if you're an engineer seeking to further experience in driving projects then we'd love to heard from you.
* Due to the nature of this role, it's essential you possess a full driving licence.
Salary up to 55,000 + bonus + car/cash allowance & nice benefits. There is a flexibility on the salary for the right candidate.