System Admin L3 - €450-500 Per Day
Posted on Aug 18, 2021 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
System Admin L3 - €450-500 Per Day
About the role
State owned Transport Management organisation urgently requires a System Administrator (Level 3) to support development of their Real Time operational capabilities.
While this role is initially offered on a 6 Month Full time contract basis, there is a very strong probability that it will be extended well beyond this date particularly as domestic and International travel look set to increase dramatically in the Post Covid world.
With a dynamic working environment and great location, this role also offers ambitious Systems Administrators the opportunity to gain valuable experience in a sector where there will be a huge demand for suitably qualified professionals over the next few years.
Responsibilities of Role
- Provide Level-3 support as and where required.
- Act as a mentor to other team members, ie coaching in the delivery of projects, tasks and/or troubleshooting exercises
- Produce high-quality documentation to support workarounds and/or resolutions to assist in knowledge transfer and efficiencies
- Responsible for management of IT systems monitoring and identify the appropriate resolution in the event of an incident
- Assist internal IT teams and provide advice and guidance where appropriate in relation to incidents, service requests and/or projects to ensure the successful completion of said items
- Adhere to published team and departmental procedures and processes
- Using industry and company best practice and information, provide improvement and efficiency suggestions to existing team procedures and processes on an ongoing basis
- Lead or provide expertise to Projects and Business Service Requests as required to ensure tasks and milestones are achieved in a timely manner.
- Using industry & corporate best practices & standards, design and build complex Microsoft related infrastructure environments
Essential Candidate Requirements
MCSA, MCP and/or CCNA certified
Ideally over 3 years' Level-2 experience in Microsoft technologies working in a large enterprise environment
Good Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 implementation & administration skills
Good knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
Good knowledge of network protocols and concepts
Good knowledge of backup solutions and principles, Netbackup experience a bonus
Excellent Windows client OS skills - Windows 10
Virtual platform and technology experience is desirable
Proven analytical and problem resolution skills and methodologies
Ability to work on own initiative and work well within a team
Good team member with good communication skills at all levels of seniority
Good organisational, administrative & documentation skills
Proven experience is working under strict process control methodologies, eg ITIL
The ability to develop relationships with staff and clients
Good knowledge of ADFS/Office 365 (AzureAD, EXO, Od4B, Teams, inTune)
Good knowledge of monitoring technologies and principles, preferably SCOM 2016
Good knowledge of SCCM and/or other System Centre products a bonus
Good knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Certificate Services (PKI)
Good knowledge and proven track record in IT Security best practices
IMPORTANT - While there may be some scope for remote working once the project is fully up and running, candidates should reside in a location where they can quickly and easily be present if required at the company site in Dublin North.
PLEASE NOTE - This role is ineligible for Critical Skills Permit/VISA sponsorship, our client can only accept applications from candidates who are EU or EEA citizens
For more information on this role, please contact Níall.
To apply directly, please sendcurrent CV along with brief cover letter through this site