Technical Project Manager - Cloud/DevOps - Immediate Start
Posted on Aug 18, 2021 by Expert-Thinking (Consulting) Limited
Technical Project Manager - Cloud/DevOps
Expert Thinking is a remote-first team of cloud experts who build dynamic, powerful, cost-optimised Azure and AWS cloud solutions that deliver the agility, performance and scale needed by our customers to succeed.
Demand for our services is growing and we are growing our permanent team with the best talent in the UK. We are looking for an experienced Cloud/DevOps Project Manager with hands-on experience of managing multiple concurrent projects and engineering teams using agile principles.
If you're a talented, personable individual with flair, passion and excellent project management capabilities, love collaborating with awesome people, and are passionate about helping our customers to drive value and realise the true benefits of the cloud, we want to hear from you.
Our people are our business - the key to our success, and that of our customers. Join us. Be a part of something special.
The role covers supporting throughout the full project life cycle the design, engineering and support of Azure and AWS platform services. This is a hands-on project management role experience of managing engineering and development projects is a must.
To be considered, you must have a minimum of three years' experience working with Azure/AWS and be able to demonstrate:
- Three years or more of project management in infrastructure, ideally cloud or DevOps based
- Knowledge and experience of agile principles, including backlog management, scrum, Kanban or equivalent is highly desirable
- Experience of managing technical teams, either directly, Matrix or third party
- Experience of engaging with all levels in an organisation including c-suite
- Knowledge of financial management, including cost of service, resourcing, estimation etc a distinct advantage.
- Consultancy experience is an advantage.
As well as excellent technical expertise and know-how, you must:
- An enthusiastic and driven individual
- A self-starter, able to drive teams to excel.
- Be an excellent communicator, demonstrate at all times exceptional inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a detail-oriented, security conscious, and rigorous individual.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to work effectively under pressure.
- Be a team player, keen to share knowledge and willingly assist fellow team members.
Professional certifications are desirable, experience a must. The role is remote-first (UK based). Travel to our customers' locations may be required. We are an equal opportunities employer. Role suitable only for those with all relevant permissions to work in the UK, we cannot provide sponsorship for these roles.
Starting salary of £40-45,000 dependent on experience plus generous benefits package (annual tech allowance, training allowance, discretionary budget to spend how you want, paid holiday, pension, etc.) as well as flexible working in a collaborative, open and inclusive environment.