Uplands Communications Manager
Posted on Aug 18, 2021 by CHM Recruit
Uplands Communications Manager
Location: Flexible within the North of England or Scotland
Salary: £27,574.00 - £30,590.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, 34 days Annual Leave, Life Assurance
Duration: 2 years
The uplands of England and Scotland are of vital importance for wildlife and people, especially in the current nature and climate emergency. Our client a nature conservation charity are looking for an excellent communicator to help build popular support for a nature positive future for the English and Scottish uplands. You will inspire people to understand, act and care for the unique wildlife of some of their most iconic landscapes. You will do this through the delivery of effective communications and a stakeholder engagement programme.
What's the role about?
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for refining, developing, and delivering a communications programme that will educate and provide greater insight and understanding of how land is managed - for agriculture, farming and recreation - within their upland regions as part of the charity's vision for greater biodiversity and better land use.
- Be responsible for managing and supporting the chair of the pan-UK communications group for their uplands vision.
- Lead on ensuring that the diversity of approach needed in different countries and the different challenges, in different landscapes, are embraced through their communications, and consistency of key positions and statements of fact across UK, country and local areas.
- Engage with and build strong relationships with key external stakeholders and organisations in England and Scotland, such as National Park Authorities, Areas of Outstanding Nature Beauty, Utility Companies, High Nature Value Farmers, Estate Owners and Managers, to create a growing alliance of voices with a common cause.
- Work with Planning and Delivery teams from across the organisation and deliver supportive content for UK, country, and area channels.
- Provide communications leadership to country and area teams in managing upland issues
- Lead the process for delivering internal communication in England and Scotland so that staff and volunteers are aware of key messages about uplands.
- Provide support and advice to country and area teams on communicating uplands and gamebird messaging. You will ensure that staff delivering communications are trained and competent so that their messages support the charity's vision for the uplands.
- Monitor, review and report quarterly on the impact of the stakeholder programme and delivery of communications package Upland Vision programme board.
What they need from you:
You will have:
- High level of literacy and of a good general education with strong verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of nature conservation issues in the English and Scottish uplands.
- Have delivered successful communications campaigns and understand how to achieve objectives through media campaigning and PR techniques, including managing reputational risk.
- The ability to clearly communicate and manage working environments with multiple stakeholders at all levels
- Able to summarise complex information and provide impactful copy.
- Able to lead people and processes to agreed outcomes and be able to work across different teams at area, country and national level.
- Able to persuade others and negotiate to reach an agreement.
- Demonstrable experience of developing stories and messages from briefings or background information on a wide variety of topics.
- Experience of working through a variety of channels to sell and tell stories.
- Be able to produce media releases to tight deadlines and to manage media risk at pace, working with the wider communications teams and designated communication groups.
- Be able to travel to remote upland locations without the use of public transport.
Closing date: 23:59, 12 September 2021
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions.
No agencies please.