Grant Administrator - Circular Revolution
Posted on Aug 18, 2021 by Riversimple
Wales, United Kingdom
£22.5k - £22.5k Annual
Grant Administrator - Circular Revolution
Circular Economy Innovation centre for Wales
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Llandrindod Wells, Wales
Contract: Fixed Contract until July 2023, with possibility to extend
Salary: £22,500 per annum
Start Date: Immediate
Riversimple is a car company dedicated "to pursuing, systematically, the elimination of the environmental impact of personal transport". Based in mid Wales, we are pioneering the next generation of electric cars. The Rasa is an electric car powered by hydrogen. The Rasa has a composite structure, a fuel cell of only 12kW, four in-wheel motors and a bank of supercapacitors, no batteries.
Air quality is acknowledged to be a massive and urgent challenge, and we believe the Rasa is best in class. It emits nothing but pure water vapour and is designed to minimise the particulates from tyres and brakes with its low weight, skinny tyres and highly regenerative braking.
Riversimple is probably the only car manufacturer in the world that hopes never to sell a car. We aim to offer customers vehicles as part of a complete and cost-transparent subscription service, with a single monthly fee that covers the car, the maintenance, insurance and all fuel. Why? Because the fastest way to meet today's environmental imperatives is to pioneer a new business model that makes efficiency profitable without asking the customer to pay a premium for it.
For more information, please visit our website,
About Circular Revolution
Circular Revolution is an ambitious research and innovation project led by Riversimple in collaboration with Swansea University and the University of Exeter. Supported by European Regional Development Funds (ERDF) through the Welsh European Funding Office (WEFO) the project will deliver activities focused on circular thinking.
The Circular Revolution will be run from a dedicated centre in Riversimple's HQ in Llandrindod Wells and will deliver two programmes of activity. The first is an outreach programme for businesses in West Wales and the Valleys who are keen to engage with more sustainable products, services and business models. Swansea University and the University of Exeter will be supporting them in discovering the latest practices and exploring how to embed circular principles into their business.
The second programme of activity is pioneering research and innovation aimed at tackling the
specific challenges businesses face in adopting a sale of service circular model. Six pilot projects will focus on developing procurement, computation systems, and legal frameworks.
Circular Revolution will support Wales to develop sustainability in West Wales and the Valleys and beyond, helping build the Green economy.
The Circular Revolution grant requires accurate collation and review of large amounts of data from various sources both within Riversimple and from its partners. The role involves the gathering of data and submission of monthly reports and quarterly claims. You would join Riversimple's team to work closely with the engineers and Project Coordinators and liase with Academic and other partners to gather data.
• Delivery of grant process and administration.
• Work closely with Riversimple staff to ensure appropriate gathering, sorting of the grant audit trail.
• Calculate the grant claims themselves
• Oversee the coordination and submission of accurate information for grant claims
• Coordinate the monthly/ quarterly reports
Key skills and experience
• Best in class coordination skills. This role will involve a lot of moving parts and so the successful candidate will be able to sort and manage information appropriately and accurately.
• Book-keeping skills; know your way around a spreadsheet.
• Ability to sort and manage information appropriately, respecting data confidentiality.
• Attention to detail, accuracy and clarity.
• Experience of Welsh and/ or European grant administration would be advantageous.
• Excellent written, verbal and online communication skills.
• Demonstrable experience of excellent coordination/ administration.
• Passion for sustainability, the environment, and/ or circular economy is critical.
• Professional and mature attitude to business is required.
• Flexible approach to the needs of the project and partners.
• Welsh language skills would be advantageous.
If you are passionate about the environment, interested in supporting Welsh businesses and want to make a difference then please do apply.
Riversimple is committed to equality of opportunity - we support and encourage under-represented groups and value diversity. You will need the right to work in the UK.
Please send your CV and a cover letter, detailing how you believe you are the right person for the role, to