Shift Production Supervisor
Posted on Aug 18, 2021 by BrightPet
Ohio Pet Foods, a member of the BrightPet Nutrition Group, manufactures premium and super-premium pet foods for U.S. and international markets. Our top-of-the-line ingredient options and state-of-the-art American manufacturing operations ensure the quality of every recipe we produce.
BrightPet represents a philosophy-driven partnership of contract manufacturers Ohio Pet Foods in Lisbon, Ohio, Southern Tier Pet Nutrition in Sherburne, New York and Phoebe Products in Kiel, Wisconsin. We have united to better serve the quality-driven segment of the pet food market, guided by operational excellence, U.S. safety standards and innovative incubators.
Ohio Pet Foods, Inc. is currently seeking an individual to work full time in our Quality Control Department at our Lisbon, Ohio manufacturing facility.
Full Job Description:
Nature & Scope:
Responsible for overseeing plant production and directing plant personnel in all departments. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Specific Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Communicate and direct production personnel in all departments
- Perform all required quality checks
- Adhere to all safety requirements in plant
- Safe operation of industrial equipment such as forklifts, hoists, etc.
- Follow all Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Accurate completion of all required paperwork including production schedules, downtime and shrink tracking, tonnage tracking and attendance.
- Ensure departments maintain proper housekeeping standards of area during shift
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Train new personnel
- Communicating effectively with team leader and peers
- Complete special assignments
- Other duties as assigned
Key Skills Required :
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic literacy
- Mechanical aptitude
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to details
- Sense of urgency
- Commitment to excellence
- High level of physical dexterity
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate in the English language
- Successful completion of a substance screening and background check
- Training will be completed on the job.
- Prior Supervisor experience preferred.
- Food Safety/Quality Experience
Dominant Physical Requirements & Essential Job Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb ladders/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds above shoulders.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to cold and hot/humid temperatures within the plant, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Oth er Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Full Benefits after 90 days; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- 401K Matching after 1 full year of service
- Vacation after 1 full year of service
- PTO after 60 days of service
- Monthly Gain Sharing Bonuses
- Attendance Bonus, Monthly, Quarterly, Annually
- Years of Service Raises
- Monthly Employee Luncheons
- Birthday and Anniversary Recognition
- Discounts on Pet Food Products
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.