Sustainability Analyst / Consultant
Posted on Aug 17, 2021 by Melbury Search
Our client is a growing specialist sustainability consultancy providing client organisations with a range of services that support their environmental and social sustainability. Client organisations range from multinational corporations to SMEs, government bodies and NGOs. Services cover four important areas of sustainability: Energy management, Zero carbon business strategy, Responsible business management, and Social Value creation.
An agile small business, our client works in close partnership with clients to advise on strategic direction beyond compliance with environmental and social regulations, and to help them build a sustainable future, develop competitive advantage, and leadership status through credible sustainability strategies. They offer the freedom to combine remote independent working with office-based collaboration and teamwork. Hard work is rewarded with fast career progression, client contact and industry exposure. You will learn a great deal from the specialist team of consultants, who possess a raft of experience in the industry.
This role will suit an individual who is passionate about sustainability and has some experience of working within the industry already, either in-house sustainability, consultancy services, or within an NGO that operates across the environmental and social spectrum. Ideally you'll have experience in building stakeholder relationships and working on the delivery of sustainability programmes, an understanding of energy and greenhouse gas reporting and strategy, and strong analytical skills to draw insights from complex data and develop net-zero programmes for clients.
- Assist with the delivery of clients' sustainability programmes in collaboration with colleagues under the guidance of a Project Director
- Analyse complex and often incomplete data to build greenhouse gas emissions inventories aligned to the GHG Protocol for Corporate Reporting and best-practice guidance
- Review energy performance data and building information, to provide insights and recommendations for optimisation and energy efficiency
- Engage with stakeholders throughout the value chain to determine scope 3 impacts and opportunities
- Support with the development of emissions reductions strategies, including science-based targets and net-zero roadmaps
- Provide expert guidance to clients, including relating to renewable energy procurement and carbon offsetting regimes
- Provide the primary day to day contact point for clients, nurturing client relationships and ensuring excellent communication that builds trust.
- Experience working on sustainability projects as a consultant or as an in-house sustainability professional
- A thorough understanding of greenhouse gas accounting; net zero carbon and science-based targets
- Excellent analytical skills, including advanced use of Microsoft Excel; experience with query-based analysis e.g. SQL or BI software would be advantageous
- The ability to communicate complex technical information in a succinct and accessible way
- The confidence to build and manage client relationships
- The ability to perform highly on multiple projects and deliver them to time and budget
- Excellent English oral and written skills; strong delivery of presentations and written reports
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- We will consider candidates for entry at either Analyst level (0-2 years' experience) or Consultant level (1-3 years' experience) with salary being set according to length and relevance of experience.