Posted on Aug 16, 2021 by Wren Kitchens
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Wren Kitchens is the UK's number 1 kitchen retailer! Wren is a privately-owned, family-run business which is passionate about kitchens and delivering a world-class customer experience. In the financial year of 2019 we recorded revenue of £700m.
We're proud to say that we manufacture all our kitchens out of three, state-of-the-art factories, here in the UK. Wren is famous for having the biggest range of kitchens. We provide tailored kitchens at DIY prices. And with the largest range of colours and styles, Wren provide the creative freedom to inspire customers and build their dream kitchens.
In 2020 Wren was proudly named #1 top-rated retail workplace in the UK. In addition to this, The Telegraph recognised us as the fastest-growing bricks and mortar retailer and the Sunday Times ranked us as the 12th largest, privately owned company in the UK.
As part of our Service Desk Team, you will be the first point of contact for our customers through phone or email whilst maintaining a high level of communication. You will be part of a team that offers support and flexibility and give commitment to supporting the business.
Working as the front face of IT within the business, you will provide technical expertise to your customers whilst maintaining a high level of communication. You will be required to support bespoke applications, desktop and laptop systems, iOS mobile devices, troubleshooting printing devices, network connectivity problems and entry level server issues.
To apply please email your CV and a Cover letter.
Joining an existing Dev Ops team, the successful candidate will be required to actively participate in the building, supporting and maintaining new and existing software services. As a DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with the Development Teams and ensure all servers and associated services are running effectively whilst liaising with event, incident and problem management functions to achieve SLA's and service ambitions. Working with the latest technology on ground-breaking projects the opportunities within our Technical Hub are huge. We have a clear progression path for you to strive towards increasing your salary accordingly.
- Maintaining knowledge of how systems are related and ensuring that dependencies are understood and managed accordingly
- Ensuring the estate is optimally configured and effectively managed
- Excelling in the delivery of consistent and reliable performance of the infrastructure to deliver the required level of service to the business whilst feeding into monitoring and event management
- Control and maintenance of the access controls and permissions
- Building and installing new servers as part of on-going maintenance or for the provision of new services
- Participation in the incident and problem management functions in root cause determination of issues and input on creating preventative processes and re-occurrences
- Active participation in BCP / DR activities and testing as well as providing input in to these processes
What Wren Offer:
Remote work allowed
- The latest equipment for your home working set up
- Free access to our onsite gym
- Enjoy subsidised meals in our two fantastic restaurants
- Free onsite parking
- Staff discount on purchasing a kitchen after 1 years continuous employment!
- Free annual eye tests as well as a contribution to new glasses
- Refer a Friend Scheme with the chance to earn up to £1500 for each referral
- Quarterly bonus scheme
Desired skills and knowledge:
Excellent communication and customer skills
- Firm background in Unix/Linux operating systems
- Good background of working with persistent and volatile data sources such as MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Firm understanding of orchestration and deployment technologies, such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins etc
- Experience working with cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure
- Experience working with infrastructure as code tooling
- Tenacity to go that extra mile to understand and resolve a problem
- Capable of successfully and efficiently making large architectural changes without impact to service
- Can assess problems and identify the most appropriate path to resolution
- Have a keen eye for detail and can appreciate the definition of done
- Windows Server experience
- PowerShell scripting
- VMware VSphere products experience
- ITIL experience or awareness
- An understanding of the retail or IT support industries
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£0 - £0 Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£35k - £55k Annual
£75 - £85 Hourly